1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets have possibly the WORST practice facility in the league.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

How many pages did the "urbanization experience" thread get to?

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Isn't that your whole point all this time? Why tf are you so hung up on practice facilities then?

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If Rockets had a proper facility instead of a High School gym Chris Paul wouldn't have pulled his hammy and we would have won back to back championships.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's about investing into the fking future. Like do I have to bold the my messages for u to understand?

Plus u r da one that compared the bucks to us, making it seem to others that my stance is that we need to invest in a newer practice facility to become instant champions which is not my point whatsoever.

Like ask yourself this if the owner himself notes that the practice facility is outdated, what is preventing him from actually fixing the problem to better our team?
    Like why r u personally making excuses for an issue tilman himself point out to us?

#244 DatRocketFan, Aug 26, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden didn't have to go to strip clubs for stamina training. :D

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

save money for tilly!!!

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

These TFOF are annoying.

Training Facility Only Fans.

8. vlaurelio

I just posed what small market championship teams was able to afford. I would think the Rockets has more money or and has similar goals

its obvious Bucks and Raptors paid money to consult with experts

are you saying Tilman paid money to experts and they said "that sinlge court setup you have is perfect!"

9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yeah it is. That takes time. If you’re willing to do it and spend so much time on such a ridiculous topic then great for you. I choose not too.

10. vlaurelio

google "team name facility", copy image url, click image Icon, past URL.. all that in a minute for an average person

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The floor of the court in the training gym is made out of used French Open clay.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Jesus OP spent a lot of time researching this like he's a developer for a facility

13. DonatelloLimestone

Lol, don't worry. some of these dudes had the time to get on post and start demanding where we have a specific financial statement or analyasis that this investment will lead to wins...they didn't care that the rest of the league is doing it, that we're competing against them for talent, staff, to keep talent staff.

and now that their dear leader literally said 4 years ago, way before the pandemic(which is more reasonable excuse) saying that we were under par, not competitive, and it is a disadvantage then they went to oh you spent a lot of time clicking buttons which is literally all that we f'n do here and some amazing posters taking time to drop knowledge in other post shouldn't ?

its lke tilman, they keep a moving goal post, but in the end their agenda is the perspective of the owner...rarely do you see bucks fans, clippers, nets, spurs, suns fans crying that their upgrades are not financially viable for a billionaire

they won't answer this

"
    “We do not have a proper training facility with what you need today to be competitive,” Fertitta said. “We only have a one-court practice facility. When there’s a concert or another event going on, they can’t use the other (arena) court. So, you’re down to this one tight court that you can’t even stand next to the wall. It’s bad.

“I’ve already been to other facilities and have seen they have better facilities.""

14. fattz

fattz Member

Come on Tilman make a restaurant / training center and let the public watch some of the players practicing as we choke down an overpriced, not so great hamburger & the “Thriller” chicken tenders.

you could even put some replica championship trophies for all to see.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nah i prefer him spending money on chasing mafia and criminals

roslolian likes this.
  16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

lol so now ur arguing with me about looking up facilities. Yes that takes time just like me wasting time right now responding to you lol. Do you have to be a smart ass trash of a person to me? But you choose to. Interesting to me.

17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I don’t disagree it’s all a waste of time.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. DonatelloLimestone

lol, you make it too easy. You're right on criticism abotu les on china

but where is yours for tilman?
    Tilman doesnt care about luxuy suites only? He raised prices on majority of the arena...while he cheaped out
    And tilman ain't gonna sell lower bowl seats to companies out of honor? the dude who wouldnt build an outdoor space for white tigers he parked in the middle of downtown? The guy who just plastered credit karma now on our jerseys?

I love you tinny, but you make your bias too easy sometimes. You're special though, don't ever forget that. 99er fo life

19. DonatelloLimestone

if you say so, I know you're time is special but you were on this board multiple times reading and demanding people show you proof of financials or that the practice facility will be better or guaratnee your wins despite hte rest of the league, big and small market doing it.

Then, I posted the actual owner you're defending his investment or lack there of saying 4 years ago, well before the pandemic saying that our practice facilitise are inconvenient, a disadvantage, non competitive for this league and have a heavy need to gain....

and then all of a sudden you just said its a waste of time

"
    “We do not have a proper training facility with what you need today to be competitive,” Fertitta said. “We only have a one-court practice facility. When there’s a concert or another event going on, they can’t use the other (arena) court. So, you’re down to this one tight court that you can’t even stand next to the wall. It’s bad.

“I’ve already been to other facilities and have seen they have better facilities.""

the tillman butt boys hate his own quotes...doesn't fit their vitcimhood narrative of tilman

20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Didn’t Tilman promise to build a new practice facility when he bought the team?