1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets have landed James Harden!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 27, 2012.

?

The Rockets landed James Harden for K-Mart, Lamb + draft picks. Do you like the move?

1. YES

1,287 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. NO

215 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Is anyone else pinching themselves? I mean.. is this real life?

The Texans.

The Rockets.

Feels Good Man.

1 person likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Heck yeah, it feels good! Gotta question, though. Who are these "Texans?"

3. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Someone said it before, but I can't remember who (Clutch hasn't put through my Contributing Member status yet so I can't search posts), but Harden was always the favorite of smart basketball fans. Anyone who has ever looked at advanced statistics has always been an admirer of Harden. Man I'm so ****ing euphoric right now. How can you not be?

Also, I'm euphoric for two reasons:
    1. We have a ****ing superstar!
    2. It shows that advanced statistics are useful predictors! Well, for a game at least haha. But still, as a Rockets fan, if you're not ecstatic right now, there's something wrong with you.

4. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

This place will go wild once we get the other star.

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Is it safe to say Morey finally cashed in his assets and hit a grand slam? James Harden is a superstar. At worst, a number 2 on a championship caliber team, and he might be a 1.

Give me one of Aldridge, Love, Al Jefferson, or Al Horford and you have the one two punch to vault them into real contenders. Just say no to Josh Smith, he isn't the low post scorer they need at the 4 to complete the starting 5.

6. conquistador#11

so true, since that trade for harden, I had forgotten it was football season. your post reminded me. :p

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He would be even more devastating from short range if he had a mid-range game. Imagine if he had the ability to drive then pull up quickly for an open J or drive again past his unbalanced opponent.

But everyone knows once inside that 3 point line, he's going to the basket, and just like Miami did, they will start packing it in inside to take away those drives. His passing was great today but teams will adjust to take away those passing lanes.

All I am asking is for the dude to learn how to hit a 15 foot jumper.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe he should call up Sam Cassell and get some lessons.

9. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Is it just me, or does James Harden look like he's high all the time?

10. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good god man, can you not suck it up and say you were wrong? I can't believe you're faulting him for avoiding one of the most inefficient thoughts in basketball. Seriously, Detroit double-teamed him almost the whole second half. Lawrence Frank is one of the best defensive coaches.

Sometimes I find it crazy that we're a Rockets forum, but we have people that are so ****ing pessimistic that they'd rather root against our own players to be write than see our team be successful. You're wrong dude. The advanced stats from last year showed that you were wrong. James Harden is our star here to stay. Get a grip.

11. AFS

AFS Member

Pretty sure I saw him hit a couple of mid-range pullups in the game today. He has a midrange game, but as a third-wheel scorer, he's never needed to use it. Besides, why pull up at 15 feet when you can get to the basket and finish around it over 60% of the time?

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

This. Sweet Lou for 2 wants us to fail. What a douche.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Can someone change Harden's wikipedia picture of him in a Thunder jersey to a picture of him in a Rockets jersey?

14. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Is this guy for real? He's criticizing one of the best individual performances I've ever seen. Harden showed up to team Rockets on Monday, and with only two days of practice with his new team, he set a NBA record. OMFG, what is going on here? Dude just can't admit he is wrong. Some people just get stuck in a certain gear. Yes, Harden disappeared in the finals, but he dominated the Spurs in the Western Conference finals. This dude only remembers his failures. I remember Lebron disappearing in multiple finals. I hate to hear what Sweet Lou has to say about Lebron.

15. haven

haven Member

That's possible, where the following is true:

(a) Nobody is open on the 3 point line;
    (b) You can't get to the rim successfully; and
    (c) you're sufficiently open at the midrange so as to make the long-2 worthwhile.

Those circumstances are, um, rare.

There is no inherent value in having another option, where exercising that option remains an inferior outcome. I'm a big fan of game theory--but the contrary view reminds me of one of those ridiculous baseball managers who will favor the platoon split even where the math shows that one player actually has better splits against righties and lefties.

16. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I didn`t know he already had that kinda game in him. I´m ecstatic right now...

a little underwhelmed by our supporting cast so far... I really hope, that one of our rookies can see the court soon and turn into a real player. And I´m really curious what Morey will be doing next offseason...

17. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Fun fact - Harden is younger right now than Sammy was when he played his first game as a rookie. He's got time to improve.

18. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

Is anyone else really excited to see Harden get introduced for first time Saturday at Toyota Center ? Imagine if he has a similar performance in ATL friday night, Saturday night is going to be crazy. I really hope there's no empty seats at TC.

19. Lihao

Lihao Member

i wonder how 938 person feel now

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Stephen A Smith was talking about Harden on SportsCenter this morning. He didn't hate too badly. Highlight was he said Houston is a great city.

I think he's just sucking up cuz we give him so much heat on Clutchfans, so I'm not buying it. "N**** please."