1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The Rockets have landed James Harden!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 27, 2012.

?

The Rockets landed James Harden for K-Mart, Lamb + draft picks. Do you like the move?

1. YES

1,287 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. NO

215 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Now that we got harden shouldn't clutch change the rep from Jeremy Lamb to James Harden

2. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

First of all, our future is hardly 'sacrificed' - Jones, Parsons, and Motiejunas are all attractive trade assets, and I expect one of Patterson, Morris, or White will have a great year as well. Our financial situation is fine, and we don't have a single contract on the roster that we couldn't trade easily.

Not sure what you mean by 'the guy we've been waiting' for, but Harden's 23, already a top 20 player, healthy, not a headcase, we'll own his Bird rights, and the other team likes our assets enough to make the deal. The confluence of all those factors is pretty damn rare. What superstars are available that you think we should have gotten instead?

1 person likes this.
  3. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Oh no, not Mr. Ostrich :eek::eek:

4. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

So you would rather wait for Jeremy Lamb to develop and if he doesn't pan out? Keep in mind, Kevin Martin was going to leave regardless. Surely, Jeremy Lamb is no James Harden.

5. MONON

MONON Member

I agree 100%! We may or may not make the playoffs this year(depends on how we jell), but we're really built for the future. In Harden, we have a 23yo veteran who's been through the playoff wars to the ship game. We have scoring ability plus defensive 5s to protect the rim.

6. TheresTheDagger

I can't believe the debbie downers who don't like the pick.

We just traded for a DREAM TEAM player for God's sake. Not only that, we got a younger, healthier, better defender who can create off the dribble in a position of need.

AND a backup center and swingman that will be rotation players.

What did we give up for this?

A malcontent who is a one trick pony. A young prospect who may or not make it and 2 #1 picks of unknown which might both be in the late teens or early 20s.

Now, 1-5 we match up defensively with ANY team in the league.

We just became a playoff caliber team, didn't gut the roster to get a superstar, STILL have room for another max contract player at the deadline or next summer and are now a MUCH MUCH more attractive place for free agents to land.

What exactly is there not to like about this trade for christ's sake?!?!?

2 people like this.
  7. nbafever

nbafever Member

Pretty prescient ... all those Rockets posters without KMart and Lamb

8. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

Whatever, dude is just mad that it made his job tougher. He has to write TWO stories on deadline now.

Seriously, that does suck though.

9. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Yea, the Rockets also included the Toronto Pick, Dallas's pick and Charlotte 2nd round pick.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm a little skeptical about giving him the max...but he could put up a great deal of points in this role. Definitely one of the most surprising deals Houston has made in a long time.

11. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I'm pumped!! Now lets get Josh Smith. And a cable deal so I can actually watch!

1 person likes this.
  12. MKL

MKL Member

/clap

finally, someone gets it.

It's a good trade, Morey said those picks were to be uses as assets for a star player, i.e Harden.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He just turned 23 and is hungry for stardom.

Harden won't shy away from taking the big shot.

14. Arthurprescott2

Cousins or Smith as next move?

15. rocketsfan7

rocketsfan7 Member

Lock and Load. Should be fun to watch.

16. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

Who are those people you speak about?

I know it's not Aldrich and Cook. Those guys are end of the bench players. Have been their entire careers. Cook is a slightly above average three-point shooter who does nothing else and Aldrich is a 3rd string center.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Unreal. I've been tied up entertaining a close relative, unable to check the site, and this happens!

Outstanding!!

We're on our way, folks. Now the rebuild makes more sense. Harden and Asik, Donuts and Parsons and Lin, and who gives a damn who else we have! Finally, some solid building blocks. Harden isn't a rookie, but rather a star player (in my opinion) with superstar potential. Asik is already one of the top defensive centers in the league. Lin has potential, as do several of the young players we still have, besides the ones mentioned.

As Clyde would say, I like it!

18. platypus

platypus Member

Can kevin martin do this?
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Rx09_zUJTkk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Classic

Classic Member

[​IMG]

[stolen from OKC forum]

3 people like this.
  20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Don't know about Martin being trash when healthy, but I do know Presti is no idiot. The rockets definetly have a young talented basketball team and the future is much brighter, but they will need a lot more than a power forward to contend for long term championship IMO. Also I think they have a ton of power forwards to choose from and the T.Jones is the gem in that whole group.