1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets have landed James Harden!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 27, 2012.

?

The Rockets landed James Harden for K-Mart, Lamb + draft picks. Do you like the move?

1. YES

1,287 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. NO

215 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

LOL. Kevin Martin can't hold James Harden's jock strap. Martin is trash. He puts up empty stats and plays no defense. Harden has a similar skill set to a young Ginobili.

Harden will sign the restricted max later this week, so the Rockets aren't losing him. This trade is Lamb and the picks for Harden and Aldrich. A trade I'd make 100 out of 100 times. Harden is a number 2 option on a title team and he's only 23. He makes Lin and Asik better with his passing ability. The rockets are now a power forward away from long term championship contention. And cap space and assets still remain.

1 person likes this.
  2. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

I was wondering why McHale was showcasing Kmart so much when we had so many rookies to try out... Brilliant move by Morey, as Kmart's value will never be as hug as right now.

3. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Exactly. This is what matters most. Sure, Lamb may turn out to be a very good player but you have to take this chance when it presents itself. Morey did the right thing and I hope things work out.

4. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Jonathan Feigen @Jonathan_Feigen

Hearing a lot about Lin, Asik contracts. Keep in mind, Rockets still have room for another max FA next summer, even after Harden gets max.

5. StripedPajamas

Where did you read that?

6. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Not to sound like a self-important a-hole, but I'll be in the Cap Update thread answering salary cap-related questions for the next 15-20 minutes. I simply can't keep up with this thread!

Deckard likes this.
  7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Beard me.</p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/262416117329440768" data-datetime="2012-10-28T04:50:52+00:00">October 28, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3 people like this.
  8. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. DVauthrin

Really? James Harden has the same skill set as Manu Ginobili and is 23. Are you telling me you wouldn't have traded this package for Manu a decade ago? Come on.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

How high do you take him in fantasy now?

11. Gucci_Ochocinco

That's 1 million more per year. Not a big difference, and we lock him up for longer. I would absolutely do that.

I don't understand the obsession with draft picks everyone has here. Harden was the #3 pick a few years ago. The odds of us getting a pick that high, and on top of that, the player we get turning out to be as good or better than Harden, are quite slim. Plus, it would be another 3 years for him to develop. This speeds up the rebuilding process by 3 years.

12. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Right now, we are a middle seed playoff team at best. More realistically, 6-8 seed playoff team. Interesting to see who Harden can attract to play here.

13. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

so OKC receives 2 sg who doesn't play any D. one who doesn't show up unless it's contract year and only looks for his own shots. the other one getting outplayed by every rookie on the team drafted behind him. while we get a star sg that does everything well.

14. macho87

macho87 Member

So much awesome!

15. Convictedstupid

We will still be able to offer a max deal this summer.

16. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

if we were able to get gasol from lakers
    would the lineup prolly look like this?

lowry
    harden
    parsons
    gasol
    asik

:confused:

17. DVauthrin

He moves into late 1st round consideration. Basically in the group with Aldridge, Al Jefferson, Westbrook, Kyrie Irving. He was already a solid 2nd round pick.

18. conquistador#11

you are an important a hole! kidding about the a hole part. how does toronto's pick come into play? I'm confused. If it's a lottery pick, Okc can't touch it and we get to keep it? Queen solomon's tweet confused me.

19. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Love it. Got younger. Tougher. I'm soo looking forward to this season

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wait a minute, do we still have our pick?:confused::confused: