1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets fired their social media manager today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 29, 2015.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

For those of you still in denial and disbelief. Go find your CEO/Boss during lunch hour and insult him/her and his/her living/dead mother. Preferably insult him in a way that is loud where many people can hear including HR.

Additionally if you have a personal twitter you could post the verbal insults online. Make sure to send your tweet link to your HR rep and the CEO so they can view. If you manage your company's twitter account then obviously it's a bit easier to reproduce.

So give it a shot. Make sure you report back and let us know how that works out for you.

2. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

You make it sound as if the guy called out Les and his mom. Not even close. Get off your high horse.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, cause he knew about the connection to horses and Les' mother. :rolleyes:

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Put a ****ing gun to that high horse's head, actually.

5. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

ipaman welcome to the ignore list you ignorant clown

1 person likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

No real animals or horses were harmed in the making of this tweet.

7. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

i thought the same thing on the missed emojis. i wasnt offended but i didnt find it that funny either. i didnt find the rubio one funny either. idk i think we can find a funnier guy if you ask me.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

This is my biggest gripe about Les. He cared more about his pride than our joy and took down the video.

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Perception is reality and your perception of the tweet doesn't matter, Les' does. Les' perception is Chad's reality.

I'm almost sure he didn't, honest mistake but a costly one nonetheless. Les would be the one to have to overlook the unintended connection but Les is old and a Yank, he obviously didn't. You guys can't speak for Les even if you're right. Again perception IS reality, and in this case the only perception that mattered for Chad is Les'. Not yours or mine.

Using ignore list is for p*****s, man up pull up.

Apparently Les' feelings were harmed in the making of that tweet.

1 person likes this.
  10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This.

Screw Les that horse lovin fool

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Continually shocked at what isn't common knowledge. Shooting a horse is a HUMANE thing not &quot;animal cruelty.&quot; There's literally a wikiHow</p>&mdash; Rocketgirl (@00rocketgirl) <a href="https://twitter.com/00rocketgirl/status/593774772485423104">April 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I would be very, very surprised if the decision behind this had anything to do with Les Alexander's affection for animals. I'll just leave it at that.

12. Ismail

Ismail Member

How certain is anyone that Les dropped the hammer on this? I wouldn't be surprised if Les didn't even know twitter is a thing or that the Rockets employed people to run their twitter.

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

All Animals Have Rights!

Those were awesome.

14. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Even Ones That Don't Exist!

15. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Firing Twitter Account Guy is like clubbing baby seals.... Signed Clyde Drexler

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You can't speak for Les even if you're right.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Why is everyone acting like this was some kind of personal crusade by Les Alexander?

The public outcry was quite loud before the guy was fired.

18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

By who, exactly? Bitter and biased Dallas fans looking for something to b**** about? Who in the general public was actually upset about this?

19. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

The tweet made it onto Deadspin prior to the firing, if that tells you how far it echoed.

The public is quite touchy when it comes to animals. Especially horses, cats, dogs, etc.