1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets fired their social media manager today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 29, 2015.

1. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Ive seen many others do it, so with all the info we are getting from Wex and Clutch, Ive unfollowed the @houstonrockets twitter account....

2. MD_in_Training

They need to fire this twitter guy too. This tweet is obviously not PROFESSIONAL, EXEMPLARY, CLASSY, GRACIOUS.

Am I doing it right, Nero?

3. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

the replys to that tweet are hilarious

4. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Nah, its very professional. No contractions, no emojis, no text speak, very well typed up.

Also pretty bland....

5. Nero

Nero Member

If you mean, are you trolling properly, then yes. If you mean anything else, then no. :rolleyes:

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

Saw it coming. Especially when I read the Mavs players got really upset in the locker room. A pot of glue or gluestick instead of a handgun and he keeps his job. Maybe even a shotgun with a shed could have too.

7. MD_in_Training

You still haven't actually supported your position. Until you've clearly explained why the initial tweet was NOT professional (the definition for which was provided by the link you posted), you have no point. So, no. I'm not trolling. I'm asking for a coherent defense of your argument.

8. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

I can't wait until all communication everywhere is nothing but golf claps and decorum at all times. I'm looking forward to it.

Just wait until on court trash talk starts getting recorded and leaked out.

Prepare your polite British-inspired insults now.

[​IMG]

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I really, really doubt that. And I don't think very many if any Mavs fans are really upset about it.

It's just more fake outrage for a fake story, overshadowing a great real story. Welcome to our modern culture. SMDH.

Clutch's press conference pic was perfect actually.

10. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

Absolutely ridiculous.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

It was funny, but not becoming of an official pro sports twitter account.

He needed to get the boot. Lesson learned for him.

12. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Dude about to get hired anyway. Perhaps by Fox News

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

No. I would say **** Dallas for cheering about a first round series win. Hope they get blown out in the second round.
    I said the same thing last series against Portland when the Portland PD department starting making their tweets. **** those losers, hope they get embarrassed next round.
    I wouldn't call for a guy to get fired. That's just being a sore loser.

14. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Good. The tweet was unbelievably misogynistic- well, believable for Texas, it seems, home of Clayton Williams. Unfortunately for the trailer-trash, Les Alexander is not one of you.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

There's no distinction, while on the job. That's not even Morey's personal account, as he uses it to do his job, as well. Clyde can say what he wants, on his own time...if he's on the air, REPRESENTING the Rockets, then it's no different than the single employee representing the Rockets on Twitter. Employees get fired all the time for actin' a fool, while on the job, because they represent the company. A cable guy can't insult a customer, while he's out doing a job, just because he's saying it himself and not from an official Comcast acct. He'd get fired because he's representing the company, while he's on the clock and on a job.

If the cable guy wasn't on the job, and just driving a Comcast truck or whatever, when he insulted someone, then I could see the difference. That would be like Clyde talkin' smack off the air to a fan, during a time out. But while he's on the air, commentating on their game, as an employee? Not acceptable, and all he had to do was explain himself to the team and they did nothing further. No fine, suspension, nothing.

The only distinction here is, Clyde Drexler is a big name within the franchise, as is Morey, and Chad is not.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/chadjshanks">@chadjshanks</a> w/ dog D-Mo (named for <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey">@dmorey</a>) lost his job w/ <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets">@houstonrockets</a> b/c of a tweet. Story at 6p on <a href="https://twitter.com/KPRC2">@KPRC2</a>. <a href="http://t.co/wMxP6qXiW7">pic.twitter.com/wMxP6qXiW7</a></p>&mdash; Syan Rhodes (@SyanRhodes) <a href="https://twitter.com/SyanRhodes/status/593542768514838528">April 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

A gun shooting a horse is misogynistic??

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

He should have known better... Can't really blame them because that tweet just shows poor judgement

19. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

It was a tad raucous of a tweet. I mean, a gun aimed at a horses head?

I do love the sassy nature of the Rockets' social media team though. I hope that doesn't stop. It was an inappropriate tweet that I knew immediately was going to get backlash (hence why it was taken down almost instantaneously)

Anyway, full on termination probably wasn't in order. The dude meant no harm I'm sure and thought he was being a passionate follower of the team. Barring past incidents like this he should have only gotten a suspension

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

liberals invented outrage lynch mobs, then they complain when it claims someone they like