1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets Can Still Win This Series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RiceDaddy7, Apr 24, 2016.

1. rocketsmetalspd

Win or Lose will always be a Rockets fan! Living down here in the RGV, which is Spurs country and well known for having fair share of front running fans in the nation. I will never quit on the Rockets no matter what. Oh yeah there is always next season. Go Rockets!!

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

another Glen Rice Junior

3. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

OP should go out to buy a lotto ticket.

4. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Bad attempt at trolling

5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I would love the Rockets to make history and win this series, but this isn't the same group from last year. Actually, it IS the same damn group from last year, but for many reasons, there just isn't enough pride, fight or investment to win 3 in a row.

If we had Dwight from 2 years ago, a healthy Pat, a veteran coach like RA and a bench that you could count on, I'd like our chances a bit more.

The only chance we have is that Curry doesn't play/hobbles and James/Dwight/Trev/Beas play out of their minds. GS is going to want to finish us off.

I think how James/Dwight finish will say a lot about their character. If either just give up, it will be well-documented and personally damning for each. I think James will go out with decent numbers, and Dwight will struggle. He needs another decent game or two to get more interest from other teams during free agency. IF he throws the game, gets thrown out for antics or disrespects his team, I think his value will take an additional hit.

One thing's for sure--this may be the last game of this core playing together. James is the only Rocket who you can expect to see on the roster next year.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I still think the Rockets have a shot take it to 7 assuming Curry doesn't play Games 5+6. :cool:

7. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I second this. Ban

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Forget Curry, somebody has to take out Klay Thompson. If Klay is injured there's a better chance.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty sure the sarcasm thread is here: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=270035&highlight=sarcasm+thread

10. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

yes, only if Dwight makes his ******* free throws and doesn't get outplayed by Andrew freakin' Bogut.

11. Mr. Motiejunas

They also need to post Dmo more. Our best post player. Beasley needs to work on his defense.

12. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Same here man, I FEEL YOU. Be ready to be made fun of, but hey we aren't expected to win like the spurs are. There is always next year, but this year is not yet over.

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I actually thought this was possible in the first half of today's game, which amazed me. The team just looked and felt different. It seemed as though everything was put aside and this team was truly playing for each other. The vibe was so different. Harden seemed to be leading the right way, he was relaxed and getting Dwight involved.

The second half was a microcosm of the season. Warriors made some shots and the team collapsed. There was no movement on the offensive end, coupled with too much one on one and no effort on Defence. The team looked deflated. This is who they've been all year.

Time for mass changes.

#33 mikol13, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

My thoughts exactly. The 2nd half was so disappointing and dispiriting, yet so predictable at the same time. It's been happening all season. Total meltdown when even a hint of adversity hits. No structure, no discipline, no leadership, no fight, no pride at the end of the day.

15. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I'm with you man I still have faith

16. Mr. Motiejunas

Gotta keep hope alive Phuong. You have my sword...

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Only if Klay, Iggy, green, and speights are all out for season

18. Mr. Motiejunas

Pussyass...

1 person likes this.
  19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

The great Dmo will drop 30 on Wednesday I'm sure

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We can still sweep em not counting their 3-1 advantage, the playoffs begin with the next game :rolleyes: