1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets are the 2nd most-welcomed NBA team this season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoxD, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Caris

Caris Member

I only recognize Hubie Brown, the commentator. You know your NBA history, too!

2. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Exactly. I've been pointing this out since Yao days. There are way more Yao haters in China than anywhere else. You know, on hoopchina they used to have a specific sub forum for Yao bashers.

3. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Hey, I traveled day and a half to go to Houston to watch them last month! There's no direct flight from Vancouver so we drove to Seatac, stayed a night, and took the 8 am flight. Took me another day to return home too.

The Rockets won both games we attended so it's all good :)

4. Caris

Caris Member

7 hours includes border traffic, road traffic, pick up stops, and my far-fetched wish, shopping (zero tax in Portland!).

re Rockets moving - since we are in the dream mode, why not move to Vancouver??? :grin:

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

When I'd go to Rockets @ Hawks this was always the case. Asian Appreciation night, even with Yao injured.

6. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I guess cheaper ticket prices helped Kings attendance.

7. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

That adds up to 100%, which makes no sense since there's bound to be overlap between categories. Which means the percentages you present need to add up to over 100% to account for the non-exclusive overlap.

Besides, is Jeremy Lin really an underdog? or just prepared?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/51umej5SvXc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Or both? :D

8. Jedster

Jedster Member

Awesome Vid. I haven't seen it before. Gave me goosebumps....
    lol
    Both! He's a prepared underdog!

9. dchoye

dchoye Member

Last March I was planning to be Orlando at the same time the Knicks were in town
    I was hoping to watch Linsanity
    The tickets prices rose to the same costs as if the Heat were coming to town
    I ended up not going as he didn't play that game because of knee injury

10. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Well, look at it this way, Stern would be more inclined to do us a favor or two..we keep the arenas sold out!

11. MykTek

MykTek Member

I know this sounds bad, but the Asian community supports one of there own in alot of occasions especially sports since there aren't that many in the US.

I've personally followed Lin from when he was at Harvard.

12. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

I would assume that while you may not need to be elite, you'd still have to be good in order to get that support. I mean, no one cares about Sun Yue or Yi Jianlian that much.

13. chff1

chff1 Member

Jeremy Lin and one more very important factor, ticket price. Tickets against Houston is a lot cheaper than against Heat.

14. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Wherenever Rockets paly on the road, Lin attracts whole lot of Asians in that area.

15. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

hell yeah! And a lot cheaper than a Lakers game.

16. chff1

chff1 Member

I currently lived around Detroit and attended the season opening against the rockets(a great game), 35 dollars for the fourth row behind the rim;) Against Lakers that would be the price for upper level sit.

17. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Member

There's nothing wrong with supporting your peeps. I'm a white Anglo-Saxon and over the past 2 decades I've rooted for every highly touted "white" baller that came out of college. From the likes of Van Horn to Montross to Nowitzki.

18. ERC

ERC Member

If you are driving from Seattle to Portland on the day of the game (a Friday), do allow PLENTY of extra time. That stretch of I-5 can get really backed up.

I'm going to that game too. :grin:

19. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Cheap tickets.

20. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Oh haoafu already pointed this out. Yes, it's this.