1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets are better than the Blazers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ashes, Apr 27, 2009.

1. cheeseburger34

2. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

For the season Rockets and Blazers both averaged 99 PPG. Rockets are still producing at a 99 PPG pace; but Blazers offense is averaging less than 90 PPG. Defense, anyone?

3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

aside from game 1, the rockets have not been very impressive IMO. be prepared to get swept in the next round

4. MD_in_Training

Let's first finish out this series so we even have a chance to get swept.

5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

yea, true. we def aren't out of the woods yet.... very possible that we will lose game 5, and we have just barely won at home against them so game 6 would not be a lock either, especially with all the pressure on the rockets to close it out.

i don't even want to think about a game 7 in portland with those rowdy ass fans.

6. SeeingRocketRed

We are a better, more balanced team. And I was jumping with joy when Adelman went with my favorite lineup for a while - and they delivered.

Yao
    Scola
    Battier
    Wafer
    Lowry

Then, late in the 4th, what did my eyes spy? Could it have been? Why, yes, it WAS Lowry in the game down the stretch! At last, at last, thank the Almighty!

7. Ashes

Ashes Member

I guess it would've been asking too much to have someone realize the difference between a rebuttal and a separate thread just using a parodied name. My mistake.

In no way did I even respond to that other thread other than the intentional name similarity.

But thanks, champ.

8. Ashes

Ashes Member

You all mistake my meaning. I very well believe it could be over Game 5 and would welcome that, but in no way would it be as sweet as if we won the series at home. There's no debating that.

9. Ashes

Ashes Member

I'm amazed how a thread rallying behind the Rockets in nothing but positives is met with several people commenting on how the thread shouldn't be made and then throw out a nice little "thread starting 101" comment. Spot on.

I guess I expected better out of fans here.

10. lalala902102001

The Rockets are better than the Blazers because we are more experienced and we play better defense. The Blazers do have the best player in the series in Roy, but he's still a couple of years away from his prime. In another couple of years, the Blazers could be a real contender, especially if Oden develops into a force.

The Rockets do lack a player who can close out a game. If the Rockets had Brandon Roy they would have a shot against the elite teams. As the way they are built now, we are probably not going beyond the second round this year.

However, winning a series in the playoffs is a huge achievement and I would consider the season a success if we closed out this series. The Rockets need a series win in the playoffs badly to move forward.

Remember we still are missing a big piece (a healthy TMac or what McGrady's $22 mil contract can bring). We have two young PGs who're only going to get better. And we have one of the best GMs in the NBA. The future is bright for the Houston Rockets.

11. redao

redao Member

Isn't this obvious? We got Scola, the best role player in NBA.

Scola scored total 67 points on 54% shooting.

Aldridge scored 66 points on 44% shooting, playing 6 more minutes per game than Scola.

1 person likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

folx like you are sickening

Rocket River
    . . . . screwing up the culture of Clutch City

13. Electro

Electro Member

crap like this happens all the time. alot of people here like to show off their intelligence by making others look dumb by their threadiquette. this place seems to be guarded by many aggressive thread police. ugh.

god, what a buzz kill.

and yeah, b4 anyone judges my post value by looking at my number of posts...please, gimme a break. there are no lurker stats.

14. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

It's so refreshing to read a poster who knows how to write. That was very well written. If I could add to your reputation I would.

I agree with all your points, except that we should win in Game 6. We better close this series out in Game 5 so we can rest/prepare for the Lakers.

15. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Agreed.

Yours truely,
    - Yao Ming

Seriously, we are a better team because we have Yao Ming. On offense he draws so much attention that he doesn't even have to touch the ball to be a threat. Portland's bigs have no offensive game, so he can just park under the basket and clog the lane.

NBA, where Yaomazing happens :D