1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[The Ringer] The NBA's Most Unconventional Rebuild

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Williamson, Mar 3, 2021.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well said. Tilman is a symptom, not the disease.

D-rock and DreamShook like this.
  2. jch1911

jch1911 Member

1994 + 1995 + 2017 beg to differ

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets championships aren't even considered championships in the basketball zeitgeist. These dummies have retconned one the championships as if Jordan wasn't in the league. do I have to talk about how Basketball Jesus sent his archangel to swipe at CP3's hamstring and then sent foster to salt the earth so nothing grows again at toyota center.

Les took the real trophies just because we can't have anything real in Houston.

Astros cheating sandal
    Texans been ass

Houston is a cursed sports city.

joshuaao and JayGoogle like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Been trying to tell these dudes, we can have the worst record in the NBA and watch that pick not only go to OKC but watch the player they pick become an all time great player.

I'd love to be proven wrong but...

D-rock and DreamShook like this.
  5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

History is told by the victors, so the zeitgeist can keep themselves warm a night with their lies because Olajuwon is the GOAT.

D-rock likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Coaching also matters.

And players that buy into the system instead of invested in their numbers.

7. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

So basically this article offered no new insight. It is just a summary of what we all already know. I am guessing if you aren't a Houston fan this article might be a good read.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think Wood has shown himself to be quite the impact player .... the team was 9-1 over a stretch with him and had the top defense in the league .... he goes down and everything goes to hell. I lost count of the losses ...

So we have at least one foundation piece , maybe we get lucky and get another in the draft .... we still have KPJ who has the potential to be one of those guys too and all these guys are on reasonable contracts , we have a bucket load of picks and because they are all on these cheap deals , free agency to add to that or a star decides "send me to Houston" to play with Wood , KPJ & Cade.
    That also opens up outs for Wall's contract.

This could turn around and have a long window starting as soon as next season. Landing that top 4 pick this year does accelerate the process.

That 22 draft is a double talent draft having high school players entering it again. They own their pick outright in that draft.

I'm pretty hopeful of a rapid rebuild and then having BKN's picks in 25-27 to add even more talent to what should be an already good roster ....

sydmill likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Let’s go RUHFELL!