1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

(The Ringer) Rockets seriously interested in Robert Covington trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 10, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Harden wanted to get paid on his first major deal. big difference

2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

my comment was not a suggestion but a question, that is why it started with WHAT IF and not THIS IS WHAT WE SHOULD DO... the reason I pose the question (and not suggestion) is to discuss if fit is greater than talent or other way around. Is Westbrook significantly better than the players they would get back? heck yes
    but if westbrook played in this system his entire career, would be he a hall of fame player still? I hope so but we cant say for sure I don't think

3. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I get that and there is no way of knowing that what kind of influence westbrook had during that time but it is curious that if they are bffs that they didn't push hard to stay together and not sign ibaka.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

all of those guys were basically kids at the time. Their "influence" was limited. the money was a whole lot different then as well. if the cap balloon happened during their time of course they could keep that team together but it didn't

saleem and eliefor3 like this.
  5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Let's be real, Gordon is going to show up as roughly the player we know with 30 or so games left in the regular season. It pisses me off, but it is what it is. In the playoffs, he'll guard your best small player pretty well and hit a high volume of 3's at a 36%ish clip.

If we're in a place where we are uncertain about Gordon - who has been here for almost half a decade - then a trade is the least of our worries, it would be time to trade Harden.

joshuaao likes this.
  6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Hate to be that guy .... but I agree with DD. :confused:

He’s four years younger and he is value signed for his prime years! I know Bobby’s a REAL 3andD player, but he’s also 4yrs older and and under contract for one less year. If Morley can find a way to get Covey without dealing Capela I’m all in! But I don’t see it happening any other way without involving Capela in the trade.

For the moment I say pass.

mikol13 and D-rock like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

just because you are paranoid it doesnt mean bad guys are not out to get you

when nba not gonna count your baskets you need to be stupid to give them more money to 'win' when you see the fix is in

youre all so lazy and cautious with your resources and hesitant to give YOUR TIME time to think about the topic and you blame another man for not willing to INVEST HIS 50 mil hahahahha
    [​IMG]

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Is this a serious question? None of the players wanted Harden traded. What are u talking about?

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Morey should go after Keita Bates-Diop instead of RoCo.

Taller (6'8 vs. 6'7), bigger/stronger (230 vs. 210); longer (7'3 vs. 7'2 wingspan); younger (23 vs. 29); cheaper (1.4M vs. 11.3M) and healthier (RoCo recently had leg injuries).

Bates-Diop also shooting 47% from 3.

Draft Comparison: Luc Richard Mbah a Moute

Patterns his game after Luol Deng, offensively and defensively.

mikol13 likes this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are going to want Tucker/Covington in the playoffs, I think. It will be much easier to replace that C spot on a Vet Min compared to finding a quality forward at that price.

(Mike is going to be playing Tucker at C in winning time regardless. Do we really want to pay 15 million to the guy that won't play in crunch time?)

11. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

Winners win. If the Rockets make 5 of 27 (instead of 0), they win and there is nothing the refs could have done about it. That's less than 20% shooting.

The truth is that the Rockets were in a position to make ref influence irrelevant and they didn't seal the deal. I love this team and want them to win, but in that particular case, blaming the refs is a joke. The Rockets choked. Waiving off one basket or not calling a couple of calls wouldn't have been enough to swing the game if the Rockets had just made their shots.

Blaming the refs or Adam Silver is weaksauce.

tycoonchip likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

you clearly didn't watch that game nor understood fully what was happening out on that floor in that game specifically

saleem and fckbandwagons like this.
  13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I am not one one to blame refs but they clearly affected the outcome. How can say taking points off the board didn’t play a factor in a single digit game ? They took away baskets or missed calls during golden state runs. These were huge as they could have swung momentum back our way and then shots become easier. How can you call us chokers when we were clearly outmatched in talent? We could not afford to have the refs be as bad as they were.

That said, people need to keep in mind winning that game doesn’t mean that we would have won the title. Cp3 was still going to be done for the season and we would’ve had to take down lebron. Do you realize how pumped he would have been not to have to face that stacked warriors team ? To make it to the finals after kyrie demanded a trade, then they had huge roster turnover at the trade deadline, and now with a legit opportunity to get another ring when NO ONE thought it possible would for sure put him at the same level of MJ no matter that finals record. We would have absolutely no one to guard lebron. Ariza would get bullied as if he weren’t even there, and then he wouldn’t have to guard anyone on the other end so he would be fresh all game.

I sure would have loved to see us try though. Refs killed us when odds were already not in our favor.

BMoney likes this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we would have swept that cavs team

15. JW86

JW86 Member

Covington won’t put us over the top, stop it!

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Dude, what are you saying?? Seriously, Westbrook and Durant were PISSED that Harden was traded.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/...c-measures-inside-his-saturday-night/#slide=0

That article only mentions Durant, but James is on record as saying he talked to Russell like almost every single day after he was traded here. They never wanted him traded.

D-rock likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

did someone say he was? doesn't look like it

18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Uhh....

Richie_Rich, D-rock and fckbandwagons like this.
  19. Caprah

Caprah Member

He is available but won’t be playing there is speculation he got traded but to who not yet determined

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No chance at acquiring him. The Wolves are very happy with him.