1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

<The Ringer> It might be time to bring out the brooms

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Williamson, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/...jazz-a-perfect-opportunity-utah-squandered-it

bro2044 likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

my prediction was Rockets in 5, but I don’t mind sweeping up the trash early

let’s just get this over with...I’ve been waiting for GS, and Utah is just an annoyance that needs to go away

luckyman76, D-rock, amaru and 5 others like this.
  3. Mr Chuck Norris

We get good preparation for the officiating in the Warriors series on the way out. Let’s pull this out.

hakeem94, Bengchu, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

One: smart nba analysts should realize by now good defense doesn’t force Harden into bad shooting nights. His own game does that. This is typical. He was what 0 for a thousand from three against the Magic one night. To be fair/sure this was worse than a typical bad night but that wasn’t specific to the Jazz defense in general as much as it was to the style and the refereeing. Regarding style, forcing Harden right so emphatically is akin to a double team. James has 10 assists. So that’s no problem. Regarding refs... just a matter of how much contact they want to allow. They let it go relatively speaking through three quarters.

Two: from Utah’s perspective... why’d they lose? They have no offense. Not that complicated lol. This definitely isn’t all on Rubio... he had as decent a night as anyone not named Mitchell. But I really think the guy is such a good player... other than shooting, that coaches fall in love with him. Mitchell will never reach his potential with Rubio next to him. The kid can’t shoot. But again, Crowder, Ingles, Niang, O’Neal, Korver, Gobert, etc. these aren’t good offensive players now.

Sidebar... I really like Favors. I think he is way way way overlooked to the defensive value he has. If you look at the stats he defends at the rim wotybsimilar success as Govert and is better on then perimeter. I think he’d be a better player in a different system.

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

My related ad content for this thread about brooms shows two versions of a novel called “Orlando”

hakeem94, Williamson and napalm06 like this.
  6. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

How is Tony Brothers still employed?

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This means we have a Foster game in the 1st three with the Warriors. . ..
    and probably game 6 or 7

Rocket River

napalm06 and pippendagimp like this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Jazz didn't squander anything. It was back to back 20+ point blowouts at Houston.

That potential lead covered a **** night by Harden.

Squander would mean the Jazz had some sort of control or advantage during the course of this series.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Eh. It was likely their one shot at a win and they failed to capitalize. I'm not going to bother with the semantics there. I'm just going to sit here on my sofa with my broom until the game comes on.

10. SemisolidSnake

As I keep saying, the Rockets have got to play like a 10-point lead is a dead tie, and with anything less, they're losing. A few blown calls, sketchy or not, is enough to erase most of that very quickly. And that's not even accounting for standard basketball runs and cold spots. Really, I'd say consider a lead of 20 to be too close for any sort of comfort.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. TheSource

TheSource Member

Might have to throw on my Tony Brothers jersey for good luck tonight