1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"The Ring"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheReasonSF3, Oct 19, 2002.

Tags:
  1. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

Holy **** is all I have to say. I'm still debating whether to knock The Shining off the top of my scariest movie ever list. The Shining was badass but this movie had the scare factor plus it was freakin disturbing as hell. The Noah scene was good. All I know is I was quite worried I was going to wake up in the middle of the night on the couch with the tv on static (don't think that really gives anything away). i've never screamed out like a girl, but i'm pretty sure that would've done it. people saying they weren't scared, not sure what's wrong with you. liked the beginning. whole movie was good. liked how it ended. and thought the actual ending was badass (although for some reason my sister didn't like it).

2. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Wow, The Shining is also at the top of my All Time favorite scary movies........it has the type of scary that has you on the edge of your seat waiting for the next scene. I guess I have to go see it now :)

3. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

Want to know more about the original movie, Google on "Ringu".

One of the good links is The Horror of Ringu
    It contains review of the original "The Ring" and 4 other movies that were "related" to it.

I've not seen the original or the remake yet, but from what I've heard, the original was scary not because of "jump" scenes or special effects, in fact, you never truely see the whole face of the ghost. The scares comes from the atmosphere the director had created and the killer soundtrack. I have heard bits and pieces of the soundtrack in mp3 forms, they are quite spooky and I could imagine it being spine-tickling when listening to it in a theartre. Since I haven't seen the US version, I don't know how the soundtracks compare.

4. DUCK2324

DUCK2324 Contributing Member

You want to see a movie that will freak you out watch strangland. That dude will make Hanibal hide. Another good scary show is The house on haunted hill and Jeepers Creepers if the wussy show Blair witch and the sixth sense scared you watch these three alone in the dark!!!!!!!!

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Oh yeah forgot about Jeepers Creepers, that easily was the best edge of your seat scare movie I've seen in a long time. That truck still gives me nightmares.

6. DUCK2324

DUCK2324 Contributing Member

I came home from work around 9:00 PM one night and we had rented strangeland and she had been watching it in the dark be herself and she was curled up in the couch scared ****less.

7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Naomi Watts told me in private that she wants me bad. Further evidence that I am the man.

8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Make sure to keep fresh batteries in her. You don't want to lose that feeling. ;)

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Strangeland? lol, one of the worst horror movies ever, and that's saying a lot considering the amount I've seen.

Give it up Dee Snyder, you're not some dark goth badass. Stick to house of hair.

I highly doubt the ring is worth the price of full admission. Or matinee for that matter. I'll end up checking it out sooner or later tho.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

<B>Spoiler Alert </B>

You didn't ****ing have to say more. :mad: After she survived, I knew that something was going to happen to Noah. Thanks for ruining the ending for me. :mad:

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I also don't see what the big fuss is about this movie. I'm usually very easily freaked out by scary movies, but this one really didn't scare me much at all. Don't get me wrong, it was an ok movie...but I was expecting alot more

12. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Tara and I went to see it last night. The scare scenes were pretty damn scary and disturbing, but there definitely could have been a lot more.

I think I'll start a thread with a spoiler disclaimer stamped on it so that we can discuss what some of the things meant...

Next movie on the list...JACKASS!!!

13. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

"He painted that last week..."

"This place has been quiet since she hasn't been around..."

"YOU DIDN'T HELP HER DID YOU?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

my phone rang after the movie and I didn't answer it.

i vote scary.

14. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Maybe I'm a wuss (I am), but I thought it was pretty damn scary. Not scary like a stupid, slasher flick, but scary as in eerie and disturbing.

It would have even been more scary if I didn't cover my eyes through most of it. :D

15. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Yeah, it was disturbing. I was scared too. It is weird though. I know alot of people that were scared out of their mind and a lot of people that weren't scared at all.

16. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Oh my dear lord.... I saw this movie last night.:eek: It was BY FAR the scariest/creepiest/most disturbing movie I have ever seen. I have never covered my eyes in a movie before, but that streak is over. Also, I have never heard so many screams in one place at one time, I'm sure the theatre across the hall could hear us. Good movie though.:D

17. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

well i'm glad to see i'm not quite as much of a wuss as i thought i was b/c my streak ended with that movie too.

18. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Uh, it was pretty scary. But, I also don't go into a movie as a skeptic and I also don't try to figure things out beforehand. You also won't see a "this scared my friends at clutchcity but it won't scare me" attitude when I go watch a movie. I saw it with an open mind, and I must say it was scary.

*********************Spoilers*************************

Do you guys think the parents messed up the little girl or was she just plain crazy? The mom looked psycho to me.

19. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I saw the movie sat night with my girlfriend and I have to say there were some very disturbing and scary scenes............not the scariest movie of all time but it`s in the top 5. My girlfriend didnt find it that scary because she thought the storyline was so farfetched.............women ;)

20. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

So I walk into my class this morning and the TV is on, and guess what's on? Static. After I turned off the TV, my cell phone rang...damnit, I shouldn't be spooked this easy...Oh, it was my mom on the phone...:rolleyes: