1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Return of the King

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jgreen91, Jul 19, 2013.

1. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

The Heat supporting cast looked fairly weak this past postseason despite the team winning it all.

The Cavs should easily be the best situation with capspace this offseason. They are a good team with or without a healthy Bynum.

If Miami doesn't win the title this year, there is a very high chance of it actually happening.

2. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

As many of you here know, I live in Miami. I live across the street from the Ocean. The first two months, I was literally at the ocean every single day. But Miami IS for vacation, but when you live here then vacations don't mean much anymore. When I get some time off, I think to myself, "where do I want to go for vacation" and I can't think of anywhere. When I lived in Houston I always wanted to go to Miami or Cancun or the Cayman Islands. Now, the ocean is my backyard and vacations don't mean that much anymore.

So where you live and where you vacation .... is not that simple of a comparison and as everyone knows, "theres no place like home" even if that home is a ****hole place like Cleveland. You Houston homers can relate to that. Nobody ever goes to Houston for vacation either.

3. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

I think so. This is a serious thread. I think it will happen. I mean, how can it NOT happen?

4. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

He gets it.

He understands.

"Lebron James has become only the second player ever to win Finals MVP with two different teams!"

"LeBron came back home to bring Cleveland a title. God Bless his soul."

Can you smell the headlines? The stories?

5. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Yes, I'm aware that most clutchfans are obsessed with sci-fi, fantasy, and video games. I think it all to be a bit silly.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

LeBron will take vet min to play in Houston alongside Harden and Dwight.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think if Miami bottoms out he goes to the Knicks if they can put at least a decent team around him.

8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I don't see it happening.

9. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

I don't see how it can't happen.

10. tingalingy

tingalingy Member

I second this. The Prodigal returns to mend fences and restore his blemished reputation.

I've always believed that he got out because he wasn't going to win a championship with them picking 29th every year. Let them lose for a few years, get some high draft picks and some pieces, and come back to lead them to the promised land.

For a homegrown talent, that's quite a payoff. No one would ever have anything bad to say about Lebron ever again.

But I'm in the minority because other people probably he likes bright lights and wonderful owners like James Dolan and Jim Buss.

11. conquistador#11

so apparently we've been chasing this center all of season for a couple of seasons now. yup marcus camby.

12. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I think Lebron James will go back to Cleveland but he's not close to being done. IMO he will go back in the final, FINAL years of his of his professional career to walk in to the sunset with that franchise.

13. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Why you would be a legend if everyone is saying he most likely would either stay put or go to Cleveland?

If Dwade shows his age and they don't win next year, Lebron will consider his options. If Irving continues to improve along with other younger players(including #1 pick Bennet) and if Bynum regains his form, Cleveland is automatically in prime position to land Lebron with all their picks accumulated.

14. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Didn't they start by rehiring Mike Brown? In LoTR terms this is the equivalent of Gandalf trusting Saruman with news of the ring's discovery.

Sorry movie, get outta town.

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    You trying to generalize those things as "silly" is the only thing silly here.

Actually, this terrible thread is silly too. So, I guess I shouldn't have used the word only.

16. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

so CF has been putting up with these kind of crap since 02?

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Few points to make. If lebron wins another championship this year, he won't opt out, and instead he will become a free agent in 2015. This I guarantee and it actually makes sense.

Second, people aren't looking at how close lebron and wade are. It would have to be a situation where it is obvious that Miami is headed for disaster before lebron would consider leaving the heat and wade. Which is why I said before, if they win again lebron will stay signed for another year. Why leave a championship run and at the same time, why commit long term when wades health is deteriorating.

Lastly, why are people gassing up the Bynum signing. Dude hasn't balled in over a year. I would be very surprised if he's able to play more than 60 games in a season ever again. There is a reason he refused to workout for teams. I'm guessing he's just trying to lock up as much money before its clear he's damaged goods

18. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

You should really expand your vacation imagination. There are many more places to visit besides the Caribbean. I lived next to the ocean for years but there are plenty of wonderful places to visit that don't have a beach.

19. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

If this isn't just the perfect song for this moment. This should give you chills...

I'm coming home
    I'm coming home
    Tell the World I'm coming home
    Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday
    I know my kingdom awaits and they've forgiven my mistakes
    I'm coming home, I'm coming home
    Tell the World that I'm coming.......... HOME

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/l0MBHKAjI2c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL dude's a 2x championm, 4 MVPs and 2 Finals MVPs under his belt, what a loser :rolleyes:

Newsflash: LBJ isn't the only great player in the NBA, no matter how good he is he'll never win a ring if the GM is horrible at creating teams. Miami is a small city too, it's just the difference is Pat Riley knew what he was doing and cleared the cap into for the Dwade, LBJ and Bosh.

As far as Cleveland deserving better, LBJ already took them to the finals and deep into the playoffs multiple times. That's already as much could be expected in a team with the second best guy being Larry Hughes or Sideshow Bob. Where exactly did Kobe take the Lakers after he ran Shaq out of town? I distinctly remember him cussing Kupchak for not trading Bynum for the other O'neal.