1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Removes, Keeps, and the Adds

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rich_argh, Nov 14, 2004.

1. rich_argh

rich_argh Member

Remove :
    Juwan - bad luck guy when he subs mo
    Lue - he/she/heshe?
    Bowen - well good hustle but yea ok

Keep: (for however long they have left) :
    Boki - JUST CAUSE of his "potential"
    Ward - pretty good backup, has been giving 8 assists+
    Mutombo - killer blocker
    Taylor - improvement is grade A- but foul prone

Add: (in order of most needed in my opinion)
    1. backup PF, mutombo-like
    2. starter or backup PG to Sura, this all depends on Sura
    3. backup C, when mutombo retires

post here who you think we should remove, keep, and what we need to add...

2. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

rather than start an entirely new thread I am adding this pending question to your thread: who sits when Sura returns?

My vote is for Lue. Others on the bubble are Bowen, Boki and Padgett.

But I think if Sura can show the energy and leadership we need at PG and pass for the same or greater number of assists as Lue, then he starts and Ward plays backup. Lue then becomes extraneous as his poor shooting and lack of size exclude him from helping at the 2.

Boki, Bowen and Padge have all contributed when given the opportunity.

This move improves the overall Team BB IQ.

Then I think as your thread asks a similar question as several others, we wait to see who we can trade for later this year to upgrade at the 3 or 4 if at all possible.

3. rich_argh

rich_argh Member

hey rich my name is rich too

4. Rocket Guard

Rocket Guard Member

Remove:
    Lue (Once sura gets back),Howard(He is just too similar to MoT), Weatherspoon(There's no place for him)

Keeps:
    yao/Dik
    ____/MoT/Padge
    ____/Boki/Bowen
    T-MAC/JJ
    Ward/Sura

IR: Gaines/Barret(sp?)...Who knows,maybe they improve some day...

ADD:
    Bruising PF: Danny Fotson.In 16mpg he's averaging almost 8rpg,he's the perfect complement for Yao.
    Great 3pt SF: I dont really know who we can get for this postition,but we need someone who takes advantge of all the open looks, though I've not given up on boki

I know it's hard,but lue,howard and weatherspoon are not scrubs,they could help some teams,they just dont fit here.The starting lineup would be perfect to complement yao and t-mac, but even better,the second unit would be great,just top notch. Padge and bowen are very good players for the 11th and 12h spots,they can get spot minutes when we need defense,intensity or shooting.

That team would be ideal. The bench alone could win against some team's starting lineup, and MacYao would be playing with someone that cover-up their flaws and complement their strengths.

5. Rocket Guard

Rocket Guard Member

I forgot, we also have a trade exception to get the PF and SF we need. Let's see how good CD is and how creative he can get, but I believe lue,howard,Weatherspoon and the TE can easily get you D.Fortson and a very good SF.

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Danny Fortson sucks. All he can do is rebound. He can't play offense and he can't play defense. Loren Woods or Malik Rose would be better targets.

7. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

I wish we have got Maurice Williams. He is averaging 8.5 assists a game for the Bucks.

Damn Utah is so deep at PG (Williams was let go by Utah). Even their 3rd string PG Mcleod is doing quite well starting.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

a slew of "easier" opponents coming up, perhaps it's an oportune time for jvg to give andre barrett a run? the rox are sucking on offense but jvg keeps on harping on about defense that's not good for barrett as his height is a worry for a coach who wants more 'd'.

if cuban is willing to pay the rox to offload shaun bradley then i reckon he'd improve in the rox setup as yao's backup.