1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The remaining NBA free agents

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Jul 2, 2016.

1. craguin

craguin Member

^^^Earth to Morey - RFA "BIRD", Git-R-Done!
    [NBA.com] Season in Review 2015-16: Tim Frazier
    Frazier averaged 7.5 assists in his 16 games with New Orleans; if he’d averaged 7.5 over the course of the entire 2015-16 season, it would’ve ranked him tied for sixth in the NBA, behind only Rajon Rondo, Russell Westbrook, John Wall, Chris Paul and Ricky Rubio.

Frazier previously played for Philadelphia and Portland, sandwiched around D-League stints, highlighted by him winning that circuit’s MVP award in ’14-15. He hadn’t shot well in the NBA during his cameos with the 76ers and Trail Blazers (33.9 percent from the field combined), but that changed with the Pelicans, as he reached double digits in scoring 13 times in the 16 games.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lakers just re-sign Marcelo Huertas.

Lou Will is a guy codman mentioned, he has to be on his way out the lakers having Russell/Calderon/Huertas at the point and Deng/Ingram/Clarkson/Young on the wings.

I would like Lou Will for Houston, he was 6th man of the year on a really good Raptors team just lat year, is on a bargain contract, is an ideal scoring PG to put next to Harden in MDA's system.

3. Chamillionaire

None of those guys move the needle one way or the other except LeBron obviously. Would rather get someone through a trade (Cod post).

4. Chamillionaire

+1 Lou sounds like a Murray pickup. I think he can replicate what Barbosa did in PHX.

5. Mr Chuck Norris

Lou would be perfect.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So many of the available guys are bigs. Some half-way decent ones, too. Makes it look even more foolish to rush into paying Mozgov on day 1. The Lakers, I think, misjudged the center market because they had such horrible centers like Sacre on their roster.

7. gdinamite

gdinamite Member

You can cut Crabbe on that list.

8. jogo

jogo Member

I've liked Harkless for a while, probably just because he's younger and has decent 3 and D potential.

Frazier is from Houston.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

And Lebron lol

10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">FA big Robert Sacre will help some team off the bench. Somewhat on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Twolves?src=hash">#Twolves</a>, Rockets radar. Can see a PF more so here.</p>&mdash; Darren Wolfson (@DWolfsonKSTP) <a href="https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/751108256211230720">July 7, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Lightsnowaction

Not so sure about Lou. i like him, but he is a little too much of a chucker and defensive blackhole. Would have loved him last year though.

12. hvic

hvic Member

Who's Terrance jones?

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh, i agree...it feels like we're going after all the worst defenders in the league...and he's not even an expiring...at this point i'd take him for Brewer but that's it

14. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Future Chinese Star

15. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Think we should seriously consider letting D-Mo walk and sign Jared Sullinger instead. They both have just about the same shooting percentages, but Sullinger is a better defender/rebounder and can also play dual positions - center/PF.

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I posted a codman style post recently. Look up most homeless ppl in America. Those top cities are looking for him.

Knicks and Bulls are closing in.

17. JD88

JD88 Member

Always been a Sully fan.

And he'll play hard, 100% of the time.

18. malakas

malakas Member

If we sign Sully he may eat the rest of the roster.

19. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I really like him, would be a great signing.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Free agent Marreese Speights has reached agreement on a deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, league sources tell <a href="https://twitter.com/TheVertical">@TheVertical</a>.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/751439456771641344">July 8, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>