1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The refs are gonna screw the rockets on the playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RetroRockets, Mar 26, 2019.

1. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

Donaghy testified in his trial that David stern told him to keep an eye on Yao Ming in the 2005 first round series againist Dallas

Tfor3 likes this.
  2. Newlin

Newlin Member

So, Donaghy is someone that should be trusted. Someone known for being truthful.

Stern is no longer commissioner. Who is giving the orders now? What do they have against the Rockets?

3. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

What does donaghy have to lose. He is no longer employed by the NBA.

Nobody thought Jose canseco could be trusted either and look how that turned out

Tfor3 likes this.
  4. Mr. Space City

The general public hates the rockets.

They hate the way the rockets play.

“They take too many 3’s”

“All they do is flop and whine”

They hate Harden, CP3, MDA, Morey.

The Rockets winning a championship is bad for business. Nobody outside of Houston (and maybe China) wants to see The Rockets winning an NBA championship.

It brings the general public joy to see the rockets “choke” in the playoffs so they can get their memes ready.

I mean I get it. I don’t like it, but I get it.

It’s a business. The business of sports entertainment.

BigShasta, bj3175 and RetroRockets like this.
  5. Newlin

Newlin Member

Who is giving the orders now, and what do they have against the Rockets?

I hear fans from every fan base claiming something is rigged against their team. Most fans of opposing teams think Harden gets calls that no other player in the NBA gets.

Supamanu likes this.
  6. basketballholic

End of season is close. The annual "refs are gonna screws us in the playoffs" thread has made its appearance.

dachuda86 likes this.
  7. BigBum

BigBum Member

delete

#27 BigBum, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  8. BigBum

BigBum Member

Biggest reason.
    Does not have 3 point luck, can’t shoot.
    No adjustment at all, like fast pace, mid range shooting, transition game, rebounding, ....
    Keep missing 3

9. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

I just told you donaghy said he is still close to a few refs that currently work in the league. And that’s what they told him. As for who is giving the orders it could be the commishner or somebody else. But after last years rig job in the game 6 and 7 I’m inclined to believe him

Tfor3 likes this.
  10. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

So they didn’t screw us last year

Tfor3 likes this.
  11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Black And White Lives Matter.

Justice for Scott Foster!

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

Ok, you think the commissioner will order the officials to rig the games for the Rockets to lose. I guess because the commissioner has some kind of hatred towards the Rockets. Seems like a pretty foolish thing for a commissioner to do considering the tremendous damage it could do to the league if the truth were to come out. Not to mention the probable end of his career in a very cushy well paying job. But, I suppose anything is possible.

The officiating in game 6 and 7 did seem to go against us. But, I mainly remember CP3 getting hurt and all those missed threes in game 7.

Supamanu likes this.
  13. SemisolidSnake

The refs' "theme" for tonight was "let them play; we're not calling fouls on anybody." Obviously, that benefits the much bigger Bucks team, but it has a certain level of plausible deniability. They took it to an absurd extreme, though. These guys aren't even good at subtly hiding their little fixes to the game.

And with that said, the Rockets still turned the ball over a nauseating amount of times and then shot themselves into oblivion. And the Bucks had the right defense for a team that can't hit the broad side of a barn.

A lot of things were at play tonight...except most of the Rockets.

harold bingo likes this.
  14. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

The refs effed us in last year's WCF for sure, to an extent that I almost quit the NBA (if not for Harden's historic run in December + January piquing my interest again), and they missed a couple calls on Harden today... but the Rockets lost this one fair and square. I'm not that worried about it because I think Faried makes a difference against this team, and i don't think we miss that many open 3s again, and I'm doubtful the way they're guarding Harden will be effective every game, especially on the road... But they still won fair and square.

15. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Vince Mcmahon is probably a private consultant to Adam Silver

dachuda86 and Mr. Space City like this.
  16. bj3175

bj3175 Member

We got to get a few easy shots to the basket

17. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Probably not the best example...

harold bingo and BigShasta like this.
  18. biina

biina Member

Brick open shots then blame refs - great game plan!

dachuda86 likes this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

7 FT attempts for HOU overall. harden clearly getting fouled on two 3pt attempts and two drives in 1st Q alone, but not going to the line until late in the 3rd. same refs as KD out of bounds game and our recent loss to GS.

Reeko and slothy420 like this.
  20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We all know deep inside the league is rigged to a certain extent.

And no one cares as long as a major fanbase isn’t on the short end of the stick.

Replace the name “rockets” with the “lakers” last year in WCF and Harden would’ve been shooting as many FTs as wade did in the finals.

Just look at Kobe’s last game vs Jazz. The calls at the end of the game were clearly rigged so he could get to 50. But jazz fanbase is too small to make a dent when it comes to influence.

The NBA welcomes warrior bandwagoners, easy to rig games for them to win and blame it on their overwhelming talent. Unfortunately for the league their dynasty has almost run its course and now the league is looking for a new team that has a star beloved by the fans. I believe that person is either Giannis or Doncic.

Harden is universally hated too much to be the face of the league now that Lebron is basically never making the finals again.

pippendagimp and BigShasta like this.