1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rebound Effect

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dankstronaut, May 26, 2021.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

https://www.labroots.com/trending/c...s cannabis is known to,as the 'rebound effect'.

I am having some crazy ass dreams every night. Also I've never really been able to sleep for 8 hours a night. If I wake up, usually around 6, 7 hour mark I'm up. I feel rested and all, just can't snooze it off for another couple hours to get to the daylight. I've also been falling asleep earlier/waking earlier so for instance I went to bed at 9pm, got 6 hours and here I am. 3 am. Asking google if quitting cannabis can cause nightmares and sure enough, it can.

It's lit too, man. Weird, scary, glad-to-be-awake kind of dreams.

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

tell us about the dream. if it's reoccurring, then there's probably an evil spirit in your house.

edit: I dunno why I quoted you breh. im the 2nd post, so who else would i be responding to?

STR8Thugg and Ubiquitin like this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The moment you stop quoting OP, because you think you’re the first responder, someone inevitably will post in front of you you while you’re typing, then chaos ensues.

like honking your horn, and needing to wave at someone, “no, not you, the other guy.” So, sad

No Worries, jiggyfly, Kim and 3 others like this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It's natural. You split up with someone, get with someone new, transpose all of those old unrequited feelings on to the new person. It never works out. Good luck!

Nook likes this.
  5. heypartner

The thread is about breaking up with Mary Jane ...

jiggyfly and Dankstronaut like this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Joke....Succeeds!

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

I do have recurring dreams/themes. This one in particular involves my grandparent's house- from what I still remember I was at some weird family party or something, went downstairs and I was like in the Matrix or some ****. Bunch of people on computers, then I was getting chased and desperately trying to shoot someone but my gun kept falling apart in my hands...

Typing that out, it didn't seem that intense but I promise, this morning I was scared AF when I woke up and really thankful not to be in that dream anymore. Also it's been happening like every day for a month...

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I get ya. your subconscious is telling you that you do not feel in control of your life.

I have a similar one where I'm trying to shoot a gun but the trigger won't fully squeeze no matter how hard I pull.
    I have another one where I'm leaned back in my car seat and the car is in motion but I can't reach the brake pedal.

Recently I had one where I jumped from a plane and as I fell, I hit another sky diver midair and got my ripcord tangled and could not deploy. When I woke up, I read a story about that happening to someone the day before in the next town over. I did not recall reading that story in the news, however.

Buck Turgidson and Dankstronaut like this.
  9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

No Worries likes this.
  10. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

That's pretty lit too. Most of recurring dreams deal with my parents house in some way. I either end up going through the old hood just doing nothing really. If I go out of the hood to the right (always look exactly the same too) I usually end up in a city that kind of morphs around whatever I'm really dreaming about or cruising a lot of highways. If I go left, I end up at my grandparents country house or thereabouts. That one can be troublesome more than not. I vividly remember one country house dream visit where I got chased down by some school bus demon, that was 10 years ago easy. The funny thing too is that the dream neighborhood, the way it expands and the left/right scenario are extremely accurate to real life. Right really was heading downtown. Left really was heading up to the country. I really did used to just go walk around the neighborhood a lot.

I don't always have that dream, I don't always start at my parents house but I never dream about being in their house just a starting point. Last night for instance, I didn't start there and turn left to my grandparents, I just started in their house. The dream house is pretty similar to their real house but it's always different save for a couple constants like the wrap-around porch and the staircase. Last night I went from the bottom floor down a new flight of stairs in the kitchen (which doesn't exist, duh) and it was like falling into a different reality. Some sort of strange office building I couldn't escape but suddenly had a gun.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Try heroin. You'll forget all those nasty cannabis nightmares. You'll sleep like a baby.

jiggyfly, Buck Turgidson and Jontro like this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

My weird anxiety dream I get every 6 months or so:

I'm driving the car, in traffic on the city freeway, but I'm in the back seat yet can still mostly reach the controls, but the steering wheel locks up where I can't steer; I can't control the car as it goes down the highway avoiding other cars, and get off at the exit I want, so I wake up as I skid into the barriers.

The brain is a strange thing. I may have an issue or two.

13. heypartner

Lesson of that dream is, “just let go. Everything’s going to be fine.”

Or, in Rebound Effect analysis, you’re stuck in a dream without Bob

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I have a bit of a life hack when I have an anxiety dream. I can manipulate the dream by having Superman save the day. Can’t steer the car? **** it, Superman can. Chased by zombies? Not when Superman is there.

I normally don’t/ can’t control my dreams. But anxiety dreams tend to wake me and in a semi-woke state I sometimes can, which allows me to fall back to sleep.