1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The reason why Lin is not consistent

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tom84128, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Omg watch the fking game before you throw lin under the bus. Tbh he's been crap the last few games but he was aggressive attacking the basket gettin calls and played good D, controlled the tempo. He was good tonight.

2. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

lol who's throwing Lin under the bus?

3. rokit

rokit Member

His role was definitely different. You didn't notice that he was initiating the offense a lot more? How many times did he hand the ball off to Anderson like he does with Harden?

And we were setting screens for him all the time. He got more screens in the first 5 minutes than he did in the last 3 games.

1 person likes this.
  4. Karolik

Karolik Member

This forum is wack.

When Lin bricks his jumpers but gets free throws he gets all the credit.

When Harden bricks his jumpers but gets free throws, he only scored because the refs gave him calls.

5. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Hmm I would have to rewatch it again. Seems like there was more ball movement hence why everyone ended with around 2-3 asts and balance scoring. Lin had better games and streaks with Harden so I don't see any difference between those games. When he does great, it's because he's allow to play pg, when he does bad, it's because of Harden iso ball?

6. SMROX

SMROX Member

It's just difficult to talk to those LOH trolls with facts and logic.
    So just ignore them.

1 person likes this.
  7. GWST11

GWST11 Member

Jeremy Lin drew eight fouls tonight. EIGHT! Just keep being aggressive. Some turnovers were maddening but I can live with it.

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Most surprising thing was that it was against a team that was known for flopping. No idea how it ended up as 26pf for them vs 18pf.

9. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

This game is about defense.
    Whoever get the free throws is a bonus.

10. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Thought the exact same thing but I kept it to myself to not start an argument.

that's true but he is mainly talking about how recently harden has been getting crap by some posters saying most of his points come from the free throw line.

11. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Eh, Lin played ok, yes he led the team in scoring but he also had 6 TO's to 3 assists (although one of his TO's wasn't his fault). With how much he had the ball, 3 assists isn't good enough.

And I'm pretty sure if Harden wasn't out, Beverley would have gotten more minutes too after some of those bad TO's by Lin.

12. dantian

dantian Member

That's exactly the story. Lin controlled the tempo and directed the offense well enough to give us a chance to win, despite 6 TOs. He creates space in a different way than Harden does and moves the ball swiftly, thus offers a truly viable alternative. Beverly is a hard worker but not a play maker.

And several TOs were Paul intercepting his passes right of his hands, and several of his passes resulted in FTs or hockey assists. So, in general his play opened the space a lot, aside from mistakes while defended by one of best on-ball defender in Paul. It's what Karl was referring to by saying "when Lin gets going, Rockets are in good position to win games" or something to that effect. Somehow, I wish McHale wouldn't just judge Lin's impact on those TOs he seemed to focus a lot on.

13. nchan

nchan Member

But if you think about it, Mchale benching Lin when he's having so many TOs in the first quarter, usually help reduce his TOs in the 2nd/3rd, and 4th quarter. Well, at least one thing consistence about Lin is his Turnovers:grin:.

14. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

That's not entirely true. Lin was doubled all night. I'm sure he wouldn't handle the ball so much (and committed 6 turnovers) if Harden is on the court. Harden would probably pick up 4-5 TOs, Lin 3-4. Which is about the average for the duo. After all, it wouldn't matter that much because our D was the key factor today

15. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Royce White.

The bus driver.

16. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

I don't know if you are Lin Hater or not. When Lin is in PG role, no one plays selfish. Everybody has faith to get the ball when he's wide open.

It's like you have a cake, Harden always eat the cake before anyone does. People will follow not sharing the cake afterward.

Why Lin makes the difference? Because everyone knows Lin will let you eat the cake before he does. It motivates everyone to share the cake.

This is something that stats cannot shown.

1 person likes this.
  17. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Not getting this cake metaphor... Harden is not a selfish player.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Truly one of the saddest posts I've ever seen on Clutchfans...my goodness...

19. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Posting a picture of this cake seems appropriate for some reason

[​IMG]

20. New

You really like to make things up... Tell me again why you said Lin has two bad games and the after one more game you said he had FOUR had games?