1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The rarest, one of a kind bear on earth shot dead...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, May 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I didn't know that the range of Grizzly Bears was so small in the United States. [​IMG]

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I actually had a dream about this thread last night.....it was crazy!

So, I dreamed that my dad and I (my dad lives in Texas, I live in New York, which was wierd...), were walking through a neighborhood that was kind of like mine. As we're walking through, I tell my dad something about this wild, rare, hybrid monkey someone had seen in our neighborhood.

Now, as an aside, the wierd thing is that several days in a row, before this thread was started, I had been having this random dream that a giant monkey was jumping around in trees in this field off of my neighborhood.

Anyways, as I'm telling my dad this, we're walking through the neighborhood, and all of a sudden, there it is, the giant monkey jumping in the trees.

Somehow, I just randomly pulled out a 30.06 and shot the monkey twice, killing it. As we were walking through the field, and we got closer, this monkey looked purplish-pink. As we walked up to it, we realized it was a hybrid monkey - a giant ape, crossed with a purple monkey(?),

Right after that, my dream ended.

That was one of the wierdest dreams I've ever had, next to the Celine Dion - death dream. :eek:

3. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Watched it a few nights ago. Funny as hell yet really disturbing at the same time. The scenery was amazing as well...

4. Lil Pun

What was disturbing about it?

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Is "Grizzly Man" the one with the guy that ended up getting mauled to death?

6. Lil Pun

That is what I was referring to on the previous page. I don't know though.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Oh, I wasn't being facetious. I just want to make sure the pigeons don't die in vain.

As for the bear, it isn't an evolutionary event that can't be recreated. In fact, apparently it has been done in zoos already. This isn't the end of Grizlar Bear (c) saga. If he was legally hunted, I'm fine with it.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

"I just saw a HUGE rat"

--bigtexxx

9. Lil Pun

I thought bigtexxx saw a possum?

10. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

It was disturbing how loony he was, and while they don't actually play the tape of his/their death in the film, you get a pretty good idea of what happened.

11. boomer83

boomer83 Contributing Member

All of you "tough guy" hunters, yea you really are tough, armed with .308 cartridged rifles that can puncture straight through an elephants hide, are so tough with those little "undergunned rifles".

If you are the men you claim you are, go fight one of those bears with a knife or spear, you'd prob piss your pants when you got within 100 feet of it.

Yea, such a BIG accomplishment shooting an animal down from 200-300 yards away.
    There is no reason to harm an animal, unless it is a threat to your LIFE.

Hunters (be it for pleasure, sport, trophy, or for the sake of it) are P***ies.
    Nothing more, nothing less.

12. Lil Pun

Whoa now, as I said before I hunt but I hunt animals that I can eat. I do or have hunt rabbits, squirrels, deer, turkey, dove, quail, pheasant, and probably some others that I have forgotten. I try not to waste anything. I consider it pleasurable to an extent, I am not blood thirsty or anything like that.

Hunting isn't as easy either as some make it out to be.

13. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

just out of curiosity, are we to assume that the mother of this "rarest" of bears only had one cub? how big are bear "litters?" too lazy to google myself... :eek:

14. Lil Pun

I thought I already posted this question but if not thanks. I googled it and grizzly and polar bears usually have 2-3 cubs per litter.

15. Lil Pun

Also, litters of 1 do happen but litters of four also happen. Both are rare. The bears most commonly have 2 cubs per litter though.

16. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

That's how I fish. For food, not for trophies.

17. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

My next-door neighbor just came over and reported that he and a friend of his saw a black bear cub in the woods behind our houses. :eek:

I guess no more letting the little girls play outside alone...

18. Lil Pun

Where do you live?

19. Lil Pun

That is how I fish as well. I have never understood the practice of hunting or fishing to display it on your wall, take a picture and then eat it if you like it that much. Hopefully I will get up to Spring River this summer and catch some nice rainbow trout.

20. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's a big difference between being anti-trophy hunting and anti-hunting. Hunting for food is fine. Trophy hunting is for little d_ck wussies.