1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The "Random Rocket Trade Proposals" Thread - 2007 Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 13, 2007.

1. Dei

Dei Member

I'm not really sure about Sura's contract, but I believe it won't count against the cap once Sura retires.

Dorrell is a better prospect than Snyder, simply put: bigger, younger, stronger. Like I said before, the only way for the Rockets to pry a promising prospect like Dorell, whom Pat Riley is really high on, without surrendering any significant pieces, is to take on a bad contract. Out of the pieces we're gonna trade him for (Alston, Sura, Snyder, Lucas), Alston's the only one with assured playing value. Besides, Jason would probably be behind James and SF.

Steve is one-dimensional. Luther... I don't really want to lose but I think the Rox can live without him. They've got sufficient decent percentage shooters. Tracy, Shane, and Mike shoot the ball fairly well.

2. Dei

Dei Member

3. Daw204

Daw204 Member

James Singleton from the Clips plus fillers for Rafer.

He's a strong 3 who could also play the backup 4.

4. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

If I'm not mistaken, having trouble finding it again on the web, but not only was he released by the Clippers but he has since signed on with a team in Europe.

5. Barkley

Barkley Member

6. Daw204

Daw204 Member

Whoops my bad. You are right, he's no longer with the Clippers.

7. fnasser

fnasser Member

we gota get in on the jermaine oneal talks
    may as well try
    we already have too many players for our rotation
    the only reason the celtics aren't a shoe-in for the finals is cuz of the lack of role players , but we have soo many that some will still be around even if we do gut out team for jermaine
    it would have to revolve around Battier and Sura's contract and Luis Scola.

8. Dei

Dei Member

^Um, no.

We've got Luis in that position, who should turn out to be a decent player, at the very least. Plus Chuck is backing him up.

Why are people here absolutely oblivious to the lack of backcourt height? At the moment, you people honestly think the Rox' subs in the backcourt, Luther, Mike, Kirk, will stop Ginobili or Stackhouse?

9. fnasser

fnasser Member

Um, Yes. O'neal is much better than Scola. And that's something any basketball expert will guarentee you even though they havent seen scola play a single game. agree with the backcourt height though. maybe bonzi will be able to play a couple minutes and help us out there

10. Dei

Dei Member

^I'll be a bit more direct.

You were suggesting we trade Shane Battier, a large wing player, plus filler for J O'Neal. That won't make this team better because 1. It will glut the already decent 4 position 2. You'll be removing one of the few tall backcourt players we have, ergo, giving this team a black hole at the SF position.

Its a horrid trade since the +'s of J O'Neal's acquisition should be smaller compared to the -'s of Shane's exit. In other words, you'll be fortifying an already decent position by further exposing an already thin position.

11. ham

ham Member

O'Neal is due $64 million over the next three seasons. I don't think it's worth it.

12. fnasser

fnasser Member

come playoff time, wed rather have oneal for 40 minutes than shane for 40
    thats all i care about . is how good our team will be for the playoffs.
    we wont have a glut at the small forward positiong cuz that is mcgradys best position. shooting guard would be the problem but we have players capable of playing that position besides bonzi.
    and hes only 28 . 3 more years isnt that long
    and dont nobody dare use the injury prone excuse cuz the only time he missed more than 13 games due to injuries was 2 years ago. besides that hes played most of the season

13. fnasser

fnasser Member

Mike James / Bonzi / Mcgrady / O'neal / Yao

that is a very strong line-up come playoff time

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

Another window closing...

http://www.charlotte.com/sports/story/226756.html

15. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

Sura
    Skip
    Lucas
    Head

for

Brad Miller?!?

hey technically i works, gives us a soild backup at the 4 and 5. and familiar with the offense and coach..

Although not sure why sacto does this unless they are going to move bibby to clear cap space and have skip man the point until someone (lucas or other) develops

unless sacto blows it up this will never happen.

16. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Lets trade Alston for V-Span! lol :D

17. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Explain to me how in the world we'd beat the Lakers out for O'Neal when we are already over the cap? Also why would we trade out Scola and Battier for O'Neal who was injured for a large part of last season? I don't think it's even close to being worth it.

18. jdmb82

jdmb82 Member

What do you guys think about trading Rafer to Boston for Leon Powe and maybe a 2nd round draft pick? ... I understand that this isn't exactly an equal trade, per se, but I saw a lot of potential in LP and think that he will contribute to whichever team he is on in the future whereas Rafer is obviously wearing out his welcome in this organization.

19. Barkley

Barkley Member

Do you really think this would be a good trade? Boston will probably won't have good numbers in draft

20. battousai

battousai Member

if there is going to be a trade with boston, there has to be a 3rd team involved.

what does boston got that they can trade with us? picks? in 2030?