1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The R.E.S.P.E.C.T is gone!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Jan 2, 2022.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I was afraid of this and it occurred. Silas is too meek of a coach and when you have a young team, the players are looking for a leader and the Rockets don't have one.

Players don't look at assistant coaches, John Lucas, and players on the bench, Daniel Thies and David Nwaba, as leaders, they look at the head coach and starters for leadership. This is a different day and time!

Silas would've been good for Harden and Westbrook but with the younger players, he's too quite and if they aren't winning EVERYTHING he says, falls on DEAF EARS!

They need somebody with a load voice, so.eone who's viable and who would demand R. E.S.PE.C.T!

Mark Jackson

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Pffft. Mark Jackson can't get us to the promised land, they fired his ass for Kerr who never coach in his life.

Jontro likes this.
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don’t like Silas as a coach currently… but that has nothing to do with his “meekness” or whatever, cause I can’t claim to know what goes on behind closed doors.

Doc Rivers is seemingly the exact opposite and he alienated their teams second best player.

Mark Jackson… lol.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

R.E.S.P.E.C.T
    ______

The alignment of your thread title is off -- it's subtle but once you see it.

Rockets4Life13 and tmoney1101 like this.
  5. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Who would you suggest?

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

JVG.

DD

Rockets34Legend, RCPM, kjayp and 6 others like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Can he develop the players and develop a culture within the locker room? Unless I’m remembering wrong, the players did really like him and respect him, and give him credit for laying a foundation. He was mainly fired because he didn’t get along with management

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

R we going to get rid of him when he's done his job? Or we gonna curse his name as we get exposed in playoffs due to his "abilites". But I guess if u only want him for his ability to unite the lockeroom he seems better than silas

aaquaa likes this.
  9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If Silas was let go today I’d just use Lucas as interim. Not because he’s “not meek” but because he seems to be the only one legit invested in the organization. The # of assistant coach interviews I’ve seen at halftime where they just Dgaf and The feel you get from Silas that he knows he got screwed of his HC opportunity (he did lol)… Lucas bleeds Rockets red, actually seems to be working the most to develop the youngsters…. AND doesn’t take ****.

after this year… fair point, idk. Becky Hammond would have been interesting but potentially a **** show, but she just left for the wnba. Ryan Hollins!!! Lol… that’s completely tongue in cheek, but as someone who loves outside of Houston so watches on league pass and watches the opposing team color guy for at least half the game, Hollins is really really good and knowledgeable and does understand the issues with this squad. But 100% a joke.

maybe my top choices would be Sam Cassell. Knowing very little about what type of assistant coach he’s been, he seems to be respected around the league, should be respected by the players, never had an issue speaking his mind when he was a player and wound be coming into the situation knowing exactly what he’s getting into.

Milos and aaquaa like this.
  10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Stephen Silas only got to where he is because his daddy hooked him up with a job. His dad sucked ass as coach too and has one of the worst winning percentages in NBA history. I'd give him more credit if he worked his way up, earned his due, and got his first assistant coaching job under someone not his dad. That would be respectable. But he took the shortcut, and the front offices noticed it..which is why it took him so long to get a head coaching gig. and now he's failing miserably. He has no backbone, so he's not a leader type of coach. He has no execution and strategy, so he's not a X's and O's type of coach. He can't even be a rebuilding, tanking type of coach because his emotional disposition is so awful. During that losing streak, we needed a coach that was even-keeled and balanced..but this poor guy looked like his dog just died during every post game interview. I'm talking monotone voice, head down like Charlie Brown, the worst body language. You can't have a bunch of young players follow that, especially someone like KPJ who is already has a bipolar type of personality. I would love Taylor Jenkins right now..he's everything we wish Silas could be.

htownrox1, ashleyem and hakeem94 like this.
  11. bmelo

bmelo Member

Bring in TMac as HC

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

the coach that oversees the rebuild and development process usually isn’t the coach that also leads to the team to the finals

What we need most right now is a coach that will lead and develop. We’re not gonna get some top tier coach that can lead us to the promised land, we’re not enticing right now. Get someone who can build this thing up properly.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Back to square 1. Is tilman willing to spend the moola to get a top tier development coach and cut his loss with silas? Doubtful.

juanm34 likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

that’s a different convo to be had regarding Tilman…all I’m saying is that we shouldn’t be turning our nose up at a coach because he won’t lead us to the promised land when we’re at the bottom of the West and need development and structure first and foremost…when the team is actually good and competitive, then u can start worrying about if the coach’s playoff X’s and O’s are good enough

groovemachine likes this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We really need Tilman Fertitta to step in as coach. "Shut Up And Listen" will go over very well with this team that he can take full credit for assembling.

slothy420 and PeterKingX like this.
  16. Newlin

Newlin Member

We don’t know what goes on behind closed doors. I don’t think we should assume Silas is this or that. When a player throws a temper tantrum I blame the player. Players seem very entitled these days. These young guys see the superstars behave badly and get away with it, so they think they can do the same. Porter and Wood are not superstars. They need to understand the coaches are trying to help them improve.

This is about immature players needing to grow up and being willing to accept constructive criticism. Coaches got to be able to coach. This is completely on the players.

I’m expecting to hear an apology from a Porter and Wood. They are just hurting themselves with this poor behavior.

Milos, txppratt, joshuaao and 5 others like this.
  17. juanming

juanming Member

It's all Trump's fault.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

These players have to respect the game first though.

don grahamleone and napalm06 like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Agree.

What little respect I had for them is G.O.N.E!

[​IMG]

20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I love JVG, but no. His offense is antediluvian.