1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The problem with this team is much bigger than Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Briand2714, Apr 19, 2016.

1. gotsis

gotsis Member

I agree there was a decline, but is there a team in the NBA that is so worse than the sum of it's parts? Our lack of system just makes everyone look worse, instead of playing to strengths and hiding weaknesses.

2. ibm

ibm Member

to say this team has got a bigger problem than just harden, which i totally agree, one has to first admit that the problem starts with it's #1 player on the court - and that IS james harden.

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Imo...

Coaching is beyond crap... the rotations are horrendous...

and players are fed up with James Harden...

you cant get guys to bust their butts night in night out when the 'star' is busy clubbing, padding his stats, being aloof and refuses to put forth any effort toward anything that doesn't directly correlate to his box score (defense, boxing out, passing for more than assist padding...)

FOOL'S GOLD!

4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

No you don't. The problem can start with coaching or a lack of talent. Should we just assume that the Pelicans problems start with Anthony Davis?

5. ibm

ibm Member

to be clear, i didnt mean that as a formula. i was talking about situation unique to our team. you dont see ad slacking off on defense and gaining weight during offseason like harden does, do you?

and,,, though i dont follow the nop team that closely, i do believe ad is a big part of their problems.

6. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Of course you didn't mean it as a formula. It's much better off for you to say it's "unique" to the Rockets situation that way you can attack Harden without being countered with examples from other teams. Bad coaching and no offensive system can't be the root of the problem in this "unique" Rockets situation right? It has to start with Harden right?

7. ibm

ibm Member

what did you mean we dont have offensive system? harden's iso and hero ball IS our system. and he seems happily living with it.

8. ibm

ibm Member

for all the harden fans out there,,, let me ask ya,,,

do you think harden has anything to do with the team's problems? if yes, what?

9. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

ISO ball is the Rockets offense not Harden's. It's what Morey believes in.

10. ibm

ibm Member

for all the harden fans out there,,, let me ask ya,,,

do you think harden has anything to do with the team's problems? if yes, what?

11. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Harden has his flaws. He over dribbles, makes lazy passes, tries to draw fouls too often sometimes, waits late into the shot clock to give the ball up, and we all know about his defensive lapses. All of those things make it harder on the team to succeed.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

We are bad with or without Harden, because we don't know how to play basketball

13. illwil29

illwil29 Member

When I played ball if our star player was doing that stuff. Myself and my teammates didn't want to give 100 percent effort. Why, because the right plays are in front of this guy and he would by pass them. Usually someone making the right play usually leads to a successful shot. On defense it brings a team together to help each other out and rebound. Kenny smith said it best last night all 5 guys are connected by a string when you have 1 guy that breaks the string your defense goes to bad.

14. illwil29

illwil29 Member

Not that 4th quarter we played without harden against the clippers last year.

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Because the team doesn't PLAY basketball...

It's:
    1) go stand in the corner in case the shot clock is running down and James doesn't have a shot and isn't getting fouled...
    2) run in from the corner and get the rebound!
    3) go play 4 on 5 defense....
    repeat...
    repeat...
    repeat....

It just astounds me that people can watch this team and not see the problem - lack of chemistry, lack of flow, lack of effort... and it all starts with hard-on....

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The ****ty organization doesn't bother me. Its the delusional ****ty fans that force people to accept mediocrity.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Josh Smith and Corey Brewer chucking and scoring threes for one quarter is luck not knowing how to play basketball.

18. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

You and your teammates sound like quitters to me. Was the guy doing those things also bringing all the positives that Harden brings to the Rockets?

19. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

We have some players who aren't bad defenders, but our defensive system or lack there of is the problem.

The worst part of our defense is how bad we are in transition and that is not a good look when facing the Warriors.

You can't give up 30 fast break points to the best offensive team in the league and expect to win it just doesn't work and never will.

20. Ranny

Ranny Member

You know what this forum needs? we need Harden to get injured a good 2-3 months next season, yeah 30 to 35 games without him, that should do the trick, maybe then people will start appreciating Harden, then will see how the geniuses that want him gone react.

BTW how did we do last season when Dwight missed like 50% of the games? yeah thats right.... idiots.