1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"The problem with Daryl Morey...that he's been mythologized before he's done anything worth heraldin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sommermärchen, Jul 21, 2014.

1. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Sounds like someone got their ass kicked badly in a game of ping pong. They're still finding balls up there and need to write about it.

2. Possum

Possum Member

GREAT POST!!!!

3. Lando19

Lando19 Member

Out of anger, I stopped reading at 'one playoff series in seven series' c

4. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

That's such BS.

Every team treats it's players as assets.

Wake up, and see the real world.

5. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

So the author is angry that less/mis- informed people have opinions? What's this article about?

6. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

When the Rockets fivepeat with Howard-Harden-Durant, we'll retire, bronze, and raise Morey's nuts to the rafters.

7. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I didn't read the entire thing but I'm guessing there was no mention of how the Mavericks flipped their championship winning team to try and land a big star. Or how they did that again the next off season. I am so annoyed with these types of articles. Yes, Morey is a very active GM, so are a multitude of GM's in the league. Morey is trying to build a championship team, not give max money to mediocre players, trade away several draft picks, or have no flexibility on a non-contending team.

8. newAge_Rockets

No one will ever mention how we lost our two franchise cornerstones in 2009, and Morey was able to keep us a winning franchise before finding 2 (for now...) more marquee players.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

But this isn't just any business. If the average business could trade employees, I'm sure they would be fine with the cost of extra turnover, if it meant building a workforce that gave them a much better chance of success.

You can't forget that Morey is trying to lock in a core group here. He came very close to it a week ago. He's not just flippig players to bring different guys to put on display for fans every season. Eventually, a lot of it will stop.

10. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

My main complaint about Morey is he laid down this "layups and threes" rule that will be performed to the letter of the law..... (I think McHale has survived as coach mainly because he has strictly enforced that rule.) It has really broken the Rockets' half-court game, and is in my opinion the core reason why the team's performance in the postseason has been disappointing relative to the talent.

I think because the Rox opted to keep McHale, Morey felt compelled to make some changes with the personnel.... He traded Asik, he dumped Lin, he let Parsons get away.... Unlike the last two season, Morey has failed to get a big catch for his efforts.... I think the club's underachieving in the postseason may have dissuaded some stars from coming here.

Aside from that, in regard to Morey, I don't have much to complain about....

11. i3artow i3aller

Never doubt "The Wizard".
    Dork Elvis is magical after all.
    [​IMG]

12. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

"The Rockets put slightly complicated protection a draft pick therefore Daryl Morey is an *******..."

So basically Morey is pretty much the whipping boy for the anti-intellectual crowd.

13. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I think it could work with the right talent but I agree with you. Yeah, the 3 point shot might be efficient, but you're also taking away a mid range shot that a player might have hit, had he not had to adjust to get to the 3 point line. It limits a players offensive weaponry and defenses can adjust to that.

14. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

In the can't miss draft of 2003, DWade is a given. I'll give him Shaq and the 1st Heat title. Other 2 is based on LBJ luck again.

15. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

Who's this author, Tom Ziller.

I've never heard of him before -- says he writes about the NBA and for SacTown Royalty.

Is he a blogger?

16. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Yes. He blogs for SB Nation. He is trolling the Rockets right now, probably because the Kings were playing the Rockets in the Summer League Finals and he wanted to gloat before and after the game.

Still mad about the Patterson/Douglas/Aldrich (Patterson was the only valuable piece) trade for [T. Robinson] what turned out to be two future second-round picks, Papanikolaou and Marko Todorovic from the Blazers. Suckers.

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Is this true? Is there an MOH movement that exists outside clutchfans?

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He GMs like a baseball GM. I have zero issue with that. He's put in 100% effort, but not everything has gone his way. Who can say that things have 100% gone their way? He's not the problem.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

Our Children are going on 2 decades without a title. He has 60 years to get this done.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If that's how Morey treats people, maybe he should stick to considering them assets.