1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"The problem with Daryl Morey...that he's been mythologized before he's done anything worth heraldin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sommermärchen, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

There is NO problem with DM.
    He build a team with 2 stars without tank.
    And a lot of players come to Houston to play again ( like Ariza, Dorsey, Brook)

2. Remii

Remii Member

One thread can be made for all of these Morey articles... Because they all say pretty much the same thing.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That's it? How often does he do AMAs? Weekly?

4. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

I didn't read it.....did it talk about Morey inheriting team with two broken superstars? Did he bring up that three years again our best player was Kevin Martin? If those things aren't in the article he can go 1989 and suck my big dong. `Sick of beat writers with their pompous attitudes looking for the next story; justifying their **** as they go. Its the popular thing now to jump on the Morey dump train and its wack

5. tnopham

tnopham Member

Last year everyone in the media was all on his d**k because he landed Harden and Howard in consecutive off seasons. He strikes out on a 3rd star and chooses not to overpay a player, now they want to destroy him any way they can. When will people realize that that's all the media ever wants to do is build someone up just so they can tear them down the first chance they get.

6. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Yeah, I remember reading quite a few articles last summer, and leading up to this past season, applauding Daryl Morey for a "job well done." Now, nothing good can be said about the man - all of a sudden he's being treated like a leper. What a joke.

7. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Morey took it one step further (or backwards) and claimed he was also the 'smartest guy in the womb.'

8. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

I like to imagine Morey could eventually become like RC Buford. What I mean by this is, hopefully he can focus on acquiring players that fit, instead of just "getting the best one available."

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Turning the ruins of Tracy and Yao into Howard and Harden is apparently nothing special. Hmm...

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yes Morey was mythologized when his teams were mediocre. Then he landed 2 franchise players in 9 months in exchange for bottle caps and an old shoe.

That's called walking the walk.

11. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

What glorious track record does Pat Riley have except luckily getting LBJ and Bosh?

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

But they made a movie about him called Moneyball starring Brad Pitt and Nicole Kidman.

13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Tom Ziller,

And he wrote this on the eve before the kings won their first championship ever against the Rockets.

You guys are being freaking trolled.

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Tom Ziller is a beat writer ( or some sort like that) for the Kings.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

As has been pointed out, why should we give a **** about what some beat writer for Sacramento has to say about the General Manager of the Houston Rockets? The same GM of the Rockets that spent the last two off-seasons signing two superstars, while the Kings were doing... uh, what were the Kings doing?

16. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Until this summer, Morey had done a great job of building the team despite the Yao and McGrady injuries. He has botched things almost unbelievably this summer, but I'd still want him as our GM over just about any other in the league. The same confidence and inventiveness that rub people the wrong way have been keys in building the team. The summer's not over yet. There's still a chance he can pull it out of the crapper with a big trade and end up with an improved team and something to show for all the assets we lost. I'll hold out hope and reserve judgment until the season starts.

17. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

/Thread

1 person likes this.
  18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Drafting Dwayne Wade? Trading for Shaq? Winning 3 titles for the Heat since he arrived there? I'd take that track record over what the Rockets have(not) done recently.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Intredasting.

20. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

This article was posted posted on reddit earlier today and even the Rockets hate-train that is r/nba agreed this piece was overly biased. I mean, the guy straight up equates 'innovative and smart' to 'annoying and weird'. That alone should tell you all you need to know.