1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Privileged News] All defendants in the Oregon standoff found not guilty

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Oct 27, 2016.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Haven't read thread or article, but I believe they were only acquitted of the charge of conspiracy.

I believe this was basically because like 2/3rds of the occupiers involved in the standoff were actually government agents working as informants and provoking the Bundy group further.

2. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

...Waits for Riots...

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Did the prosecutor sleep through jury selection?

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He voted for the far right that was white.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

JeffB likes this.
  6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

What part of the government are u accusing, specifically? Just the whole kit 'n' caboodle?

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Thanks. I know from jury duty how that goes. Does this mean we're leaning toward incompetent prosecutor over incompetent jury?

8. edwardc

edwardc Member

SMH had this been someone of a different color this would have been a prison doors slammed and keys thrown away.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They would have probably just shot them.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

POSSESSION OF FIREARMS AND DANGEROUS WEAPONS IN FEDERAL FACILITIES

-- The defendant possessed or caused to be present a firearm or dangerous weapon.

-- The defendant acted knowingly.

-- The defendant – or someone the defendant intentionally aided and abetted – acted with the intent that the firearm or other dangerous weapon be used in the commission of a crime, in this case the conspiracy charged.

Someone may be found guilty of possession of firearms in federal facilities even if the person didn't commit the act, but aided and abetted another in its commission.

So they didn't have guns?

JeffB likes this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

One would think that the #BlueLivesMatter Folx would be all over this
    Mad as hell that Armed Terrorist were able to get off for threatening Cops. . . . . .

I guess those blue lives don't matter all the time . .. Only when its . .well you know. . .

Rocket River

mdrowe00 likes this.
  12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Yes, reading work emails at home is the same as forming separatists gangs with violent criminal operations, or destroying multiple residences and buildings while killing multiple other citizens. I wonder if a group drawing these types of false equivalencies could risk choosing a fully inexperienced and uninterested man-child to represent them in a national election, then pre-emptively refuse to work with the opposing candidate if she wins.

OmegaSupreme, Amiga, Nook and 3 others like this.
  13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Both the O.J. documentary and FX miniseries were rife with rationalizations tied to the LA and Watts riots, clearly these jurors felt some kind of nagging grudge against the federal government that they exerted here.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Damn, the efficiency of your posts at times boggle the mind. Wonderful read. Kudos.

15. Buck Turgidson

Why? Everyone seems to be surprised by this.

I don't understand it, but I wasn't there in the courtroom. They have other charges on their cohorts pending, and the Bundys still have federal charges for the stupidity they did in Nevada. Their time will deservedly come, I'd guarantee it.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Is it still taboo to take a knee?

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They out there shooting peaceful protestors trying to preserve their Water and lands

Rocket River

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The most astounding post that most ignored. That's just awful but they needed evidence.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Probably don't want another Waco, and eventually another Timothy McVeigh.

20. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Huge if true. Do you have any proof of this?

It's very sad that most of the replies to this thread are just people showing their political bias without researching the facts or considering both sides of the matter.

One possibility here not mentioned yet is jury nullification (the concept that a jury can elect to ignore what they believe is an unjust law and declare the accused not guilty). If the people charged in this case were truly being judged by a group of their peers, it's likely that their peers have some level of sympathy for their cause and could have elected to render a not guilty verdict for that reason.

For my part, I'm glad that both parties acted mostly with restraint here and we didn't get another Waco. Kudos to the government and the occupiers. I'm ignoring the one death because it could have been much worse.