1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

the price so he could play with his "buddy"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Sep 8, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

You eye test has proven to be incompetent.

Your pissant takes are tired.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You can always ignore me.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

I do for the most part.

We all know what you are, you are a Harden troll first and foremost.

I seriously doubt that you are a Rockets fan.

Hell I doubt you are even a basketball fan, your knowledge of the game is rudimentary at best.

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Should've blown up the team after CP3 demanded the max. Never should've "ran it back" knowing KD was still on the Warriors, especially when we were going to lose Ariza and Luc too that off-season.

If we did have the balls to blow it up that season, we could've drafted Luka and have saved a potential decade long rebuild that's about to happen after Tilman has had enough of small balls.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol, okay so you admit you are biased against Harden, first step to recovery bro.

You barely use statistics, a dude just posted you statistics and you called him a bot. Okay fine dude I'll make my arguments based on your posting history and the many MANY times I've spoken with you.

That's fair, no one should be name calling you.

Well, i'm sorry that people name call you, really.

Look, no one should be name calling you and it shoulndt if you are cordial with people(which you are). However, you could stand to back up your assertions instead of simply your eye tests and maybe diversify your postings instead of simply "Harden has to do more."

D-rock likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I didn't realize Harden and RoCo were close friends.

7. fchowd0311

His data was literally just posting Harden's stats for the series. Dude, you don't think I don't already know this?

The problem here is you are beating up strawmen of my claims along with that other poster who listed his series stats. I never called that Harden isn't carrying the team. Im claiming that Harden is very easy to have the ball denied to on late game situations when they decide to press him and shade him off the ball because all he does to get open for a teammate to have a clean passing lane to him is hover around the top of the three point line.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

No, I dont think you do. And I don't think you realize how schematically Westbrook is affecting our offense.

That's is because of the spacing that's created when both Harden and Westbrook one the floor. We literally have a thread breaking down what wen wrong in the fourth and you arent in there. The Westbrook only lineups have been killing us this entire series. Here you are talking about Harden Harden Harden, nvm that we took waaaaay less threes then we usually do. Nvm that Rondo got 19 points. We are here talking about Harden who's honestly the last of our problems this series.

D-rock likes this.
  9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

CP0 had to go and unfortunately it cost us our future to bring in Westbrick.
    Westbrick is who we all knew he was- Westbrick
    We all knew he did not fit “ the system”
    It wouldn’t be so bad if he didn’t cost us all those picks.
    We could not have started the season with
    CP0 - fact.
    Wish we could of shopped him for a better package but it is what it is-

Window is closing....:(
    Morley better do something!

10. dmoneybangbang

Harden should help his buddy Russ out and move off the ball.... can we see catch and shoot Harden?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

Hindsight 20/20. Or give CP3 the max and play both sides (present/future) with Ben Simmons/CP3

12. ball king23

ball king23 Member

I will blame tilman i mean who trades away a center that you overpaid for over the summer and then no first round draft pick to help cushion the blow of the loss and then no help this draft which has good wings center and a good sg forwards

13. fchowd0311

Don't say that. That makes you a Rocket hater.

14. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

James Harden is the least of the Rockets problems in this series, but let’s not act like Harden had no say in the organization’s decision to bring in Westbrook. Obviously, Tilman pushed for it, too, but if Harden said no, the CP3/Westbrook trade never happens. Harden brought these spacing issues on himself by deciding he wanted to play with his lifelong friend, shooting woes be damned.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  15. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

that was one of the 4 or 5 best shooting halves of lebron's playoff career. please don't pretend that was normal. i think someone said in the portland series that lebron didn't take a single midrange jumper (or it was a very low number). lebron is definitely not the model of diversity. yes we would all like harden to not drift to halfcourt after giving up the ball, but stop pretending he's simply being "denied the ball." he has it on many possessions and then he just gets doubled when he gets within 25 feet. that is very obviously not something that happened to kobe or jordan in their careers, at least with any consistency. doubles when you make a move or get inside are common, and harden passes out of those very well. doubles just bringing it down the court are not common and i have never seen anyone generate consistent offense in those situations beyond just passing it to someone else to start a 4-on-3.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  16. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

The told you so brigade coming out early. Let’s enjoy the games first before calling it quits?

D-rock likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Totally agree with you. This is totally and completely on Harden for brining in Westbrook here. I love Russ, he played good last game, but there are just some inherent problems that come with him being on the squad. We can still win, but we are gonna have to better on both ends. Rockets in 6.

DVauthrin and D-rock like this.
  18. fchowd0311

I bet my left nut that LeBron's shot distribution is far more varied than Harden's.

You still don't get it. Doubling and shading Kobe or Jordan off the ball wouldn't work because all they would do is sprint up the court off ball with the defense shaded, have some screens set up for them and run a curl to free themselves while Harden just complies and walks up with his shadowed defenders and just hovers around the half court.

He makes it EASY for defenses to double him.

#98 fchowd0311, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not bad for NOT being clutch or easily being doubled.

If only Harden tried harder.

LOL

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

RoCo has moved past Russ in playoffs player rankings.

Rockets have 3 players in top 20 but Lakers have 2 players in top 5.

HP3 likes this.