1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

the price so he could play with his "buddy"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Sep 8, 2020.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

So 40 points a game on 80% true shooting then?

Because right now this season he is having an unbelievably outstanding high volume super high efficiency playoffs and when he sits his team is pissing it all away.

30.4 per game on 64% TS is “greatest offensive players of all time” type numbers

Couldn’t we ask ourselves why can’t our team stop squandering the leads he’s building and not have to rely on him to save us over and over?

WestendMassive, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol, yea ll those mid range and contested step back shots he usually makes right. Didnt you see that he completely missed all of those shots in the second half. Or did you not see that Rondo had 19 points? O

A dud? Do you not see this dude's stats? Are you seriously blaming him for us losing games two and 3? Sheeesh dude look at the stats being posted, you really make everything about one quarter and dont give a crap about anything else holy crap.

D-rock likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The Lakers have worse shooters and It would still be difficult to completely deny LeBron the ball because again, he finds ways to get the ball that isn't just waiting around the three point line.

Look. Harden is the reason for the second best era of Rocket basketball. Why can't you accept that him bringing forth the second best era of Rockets basketball and that he has some key flaws in his stationeriness that makes it easy for teams to double him are not mutually exclusive concepts?

For some reason it's in your head that you believe calling this flaw in Harden out dismisses everything else he as done.

4. fchowd0311

All you do is regurgitate his overall scoring performance when I haven't once criticized it.

I'm criticizing a key flaw in his game that makes him easy to double.

5. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

I feel like I would have waited at least until we were down 3-1 to post this ... but, one of the things that does frustrate me is a pivotal moment back in 2017-2018 against the warriors in the WCF. I believe i was game 4 when we were making our comeback or it was on the verge of winning game 5.

Basically, both teams had felt each other out by then, there were no surprises, and the rockets actually had a legit edge on the KD-era warriors. During a dead ball, where the whole arena was sensing that the warriors dynasty was on the cusp of being dethroned (they were clearly struggling and it was anyone's game), cp3 was hyped, and intentionally went over to james to try to pump him up and embrace this moment head on, to help him finish them off. It was like he was saying "if you turn up with me right now in this moment and be aggressive, we're gonna make history with you as our #1 guy. Let's go and take this." And i was expecting harden to go with it, along with the hyped toyota center crowd. But instead, he looked past cp3, basically told him to chill with his body language, and just played on. We ended up winning that game in a nailbiter I think, but something about that moment I think summarized for me how even at their best, they weren't on the same wavelength.

#65 HewbieTrippin, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yes we know your thing.

You would b**** about someone handing you a million dollars because it’s in 1s and not 100s.

What great player doesn’t have some key flaw?

D-rock likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

Well that key flaw makes our most lethal scoring option near non-existent in some of the most crucial moments in the playoffs.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea that's a defensive issues, we need to pack the paint more and let their shooters do what they gotta do.

I do accept whatever flaws he has(hiss passing out of the doubles could be better and he has lazy turnovers).

BECAUSE IT IS ALL YOU TALK ABOUT. You expecting more from our best player who's pretty much giving everything he has while playing with Westbrook(who I liked) isnt feasible. There are other adjustments that have to be made. Dude's have to capitalize on a 4v3? Like what else am I supposed to say, yea itd be great if Harden could go nuclear for 40 every game but that's not feasible when he doest have a reliable 2 guy that doesnt kill spacing.

francis 4 prez and D-rock like this.
  9. HardenVolumeOne

and his haters are the opposite of that. MAKING UP ANY DESPERATE FALSE NARRATIVE TO TRY AND BRING HIM DOWN..

also you shouldnt bring politics in the garm, their is a section for that here

D-rock and Remlap like this.
  10. fchowd0311

Why do you care about what all I talk about rather than just the content of my post? Do you think I have some hidden agenda?

Unfortunately these rather sane takes of mine generate a lot off pushback. Cement and reply to my other comments that don't discuss this issue and then I can up my post count with other stuff. The vast majority of my comments on this are replies defending my premise from irrational stans.

11. fchowd0311

You forgot the caps lock button.

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

In THIS postseason that flaw of his rates pretty low on the top reasons we have lost list.

If we could just play our opponents to a draw or even just losing a little while he sits we would be winning these games by double figures and the flaw is invisible.

Alas we have Westbrook. And that is impossible.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Because that's all you do, that's all you talk about? Every time its Harden, Harden, Harden. Like when Harden actually has a bad game, you'll see his "stans" actually call him out on it. Not when he has a pretty damn good game but one sloppy couple of minutes in the 4th. Dont talk about defense, dont talk about spacing, dont talk about Gordon scoring only 10 points. No your problem is that our Super star isnt giving Super Duper Star minutes.

And I didnt even quote you dude. You quoted me. I havent spoken with you at all since this game ended. You started this convo.

D-rock likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

Because of Harden's flaw, this team is like the Bucks in that if we don't have a comfort lead going into the 4th, there is a high risk of this team falling apart and the opposing team retaking the lead.

This team needs large leads before the 4th to win.

15. fchowd0311

No I don't. You just chose to aggressively reply to my Harden takes. Just go through my post history this week. Plenty of praise for Harden and plenty of comments about the team that had little do with Harden. You never comment on those comments.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Dude, if I look at your post history, it's far and away Harden criticism posts. There is a reason multiple people, not just me have said this about you. And again, I'm telling you I didnt start this convo..you did.

D-rock likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

Saying "multiple people" as an argument is kinda sad. There are irrational fanatics here. That really doesn't say much.

Again, go through my week's posting history.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Is this the new narrative now, Harden cannot get off clutch shots anymore?

LOL - Harden still put up 33 even being doubled and tripled yesterday. Game 3 has been the ONLY game that Lebron outscored Harden (and by a measly 3 points).

You realize that as shut down Harden was in 2nd half, only generating 9 points, Lebron only put up 7 total points in same span.

And Lebron was not doubled.

And thos blaming Russ (Russ put up 30 vs. AD's 26) for Game 3 loss are pushing an agenda. Rockets 2 superstars combined for 63 points, while Lakers 2 superstars combined for 64 points. They played to a standstill. Role players and bench shat the bed for Rockets.

House would have made a difference offensively and defensively.

But it was the bench that killed the Rockets. Lakers bench outscored Rockets bench 34-16. And Green scored all 16 points.

Rivers and BMac scored ZERO for 2nd straight game.

#78 D-rock, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    WestendMassive and HP3 like this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

How's it kinda sad? I'm just telling you if multiple people think you arent objective(and you arent) than that should really tell you something. You've been called out by people who arent "irrational fanatics" before and usually the people who side with you are the ones who are the most active when we lose. You don't use facts to back up your asserations, you use your own crappy eye tests.

Look at your own posting history, you are barely active in our game 1 win vs posting ALOT in our 2 losses. Majority of the time is talking about Harden or our offense(which is another by product of Harden).

And for the last time, YOU STARTED THIS CONVO.

D-rock likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

It should tell me something that some posters think I'm not objective?

Well the I'm not objective. I'm a human. Do you know what "objective" means? I thought it's implied anytime someone comments here it's their subjective opinion.

I use both the eye test and statistics to make form my subjective opinions. Stop making arguments based on "other people say you bad". That's a weak argument.

Also, your statement that those posters who routinely harass me with name calling such as calling me a b**** repeatedly and other various insults that I can easily show you as rational is a subjective opinion.

And yes I started the convo but more times than not I made a statement about Harden's flaw and it's bombarded with 20 angry rants with petty insults. Their diction tells me they aren't rational (in my opinion since apparently that isn't a given anymore).