1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The "Portland Sucks!" chant has got to go...where's our class?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tonyrox, Apr 27, 2009.

1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

The only thing "delusional" are you posts, so please stop making them.

2. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

How about this chant!

Instead of Defense we change

[​IMG]

GIVE ME THE ****ING BALL YOU ********ING MOTHER****ER BHAHWLALALALALALA

3. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

As Rockets fans we should be cut throat, as long as we're not heckling about personal or serious matters, then it's all good. Their fans do the same things. Its part of the game your fans or also supposed to try to get into the opponents head.
    I consider myself a pretty good heckler. About a month ago my women I got stuck in Utah because of the Volcano eruption in Alaska. The Rockets just happened to be there for the last away game vs the Jazz. So we checked it out in Rockets Red. We cheered and heckled and talk plenty of crap about there players game with a few other rocket s fans.(not as much about boozer he's a fellow alaskan). We got dirty looks, and went back and forth wtih the Jazz fans but we were louder and more abnoxius then are whole section. And even though we lost, we cheered to the end and blamed the refs. Anyways after the game a few Jazz fans from are section gave us dap and said they liked are style and wish they had more die hard fans like us.
    My point is its all fun and games heckling part of the sport this isn't tennis. Being loud and obnoxius is how the home crowd gets the reputation of being like a sixth man thats how you truly get homecourt advantage. If your crowd isn't somewhat hostile then theres no threat of homecourt advantage. Loud crouds intimidate opposing players and refs. Where as it pumps up the home team. It's all psychological.
    So Rockets fans cheer loud and chant portland sucks, oden ain't got no game, and Portland Hackers and anything else within the context of the game(basketball) thats comes to mind. :D

4. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I agree, Portland sucks is unoriginal but really, what can you say about Portland? Other then Trailblazers and Nike, its like Green Bay an actual nice sports town people sort of like and haven't done anything wrong to anyone beside beat them in basketball.

Not bad, but will we be able to get everyone's timing down for the "BHAHWLALALALALALA" ?

5. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

It is uncreative and lame.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Personally, I hurl my own insults over the course of the game that are always fresh and entertaining.

I don't particularly hate Portland, and I'm not sure if they "suck" per se as a whole.

But they are playing the Houston Rockets and this is the playoffs.

So yes, Portland sucks may not be articulate and clever... But I will gladly cheer along with fans who actually care about the outcome of the game.

7. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

lakers sucks lakers sucks lakers sucks :D