1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The "Portland Sucks!" chant has got to go...where's our class?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tonyrox, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Our home crowd sucks. Looked like a regular season game up until the final moments of the 4th. Compared to other playoff crowds, its embarrassing. The Game 1 crowd during the blowout were louder than our fans. Sad.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Why don't you nancy boys just go have tea and cake with the Portland fans before the game.

This is playoffs. You hate the other team. You don't shake hands in the playoffs. You don't smile in the playoffs.

When Brandon Roy fouled out in Game 3 I screamed GTFO at the top of my lungs about 20 times.

FFS, "Show some class?"

Have you ever heard of Philadelphia?

It would take us 3 games of chanting something about Fisher's daughter to even come close to the kind of crap they spew out there in a routine regular season game.

Taunting the other team is part of being a spectator. We don't have to worry about good sportsmanship, WE AREN'T PLAYING.

Grow some balls you whinos.

This thread makes me puke.

3. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

ENOUGH SAID

/THREAD!

4. imatexan

imatexan Member

Why are people so delusional?

Have you even been to a playoff game this year?

Tell me the teams that this year in the playoffs have had a better home crowd?
    Portland,Jazz,Cavs,Chicago,Boston
    Then it would be us

6 out of 16 teams is not bad at all.

Our crowds have been fantastic this year and our home record shows it.

5. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

OP read this reply and stop calling your self a fan. You make me sick OP!

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Until these Failblazers fans stop crying about calls I will say it load and proud,
    "Portland Sucks big Donkey *****"

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

To say "our crowds have been fantastic this year" is more delusional. We never fill up the arena at tip-off, even in the PLAYOFFS! Sure if may be different if you there but watching from TV, it looks more like a regular season game compared to other playoff games. Last game, the crowd didn't even wake up until the 4th.

8. imatexan

imatexan Member

I think you may need to re-watch the game or go in person because you are dead wrong about this one.

Yes, it is not 100% full at tipoff, but none of the arenas are.

Just to give you a comparison Clyde said that it has been as electric in Toyota as it was in the clutch city days and thats saying something.

9. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

Who cares about the regular season, and who cares what it looks like on TV? Having gone to at least one playoff game for the last three seasons, I have to say that Game 3 on Friday night was the loudest I remember TC being in any playoff game. Overall, I'm pretty proud of our fans in this year's playoffs.

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

The arena is much louder than it sounds on TV, I've noticed. I don't know if that's because of the mic placement, TC's acoustics, or what. When I go to a game, I'm always surprised by how full and loud the place actually gets. There is plenty of energy in the place to lift the team, and I don't really know how much better you can do then standing up the entire 4th and screaming "DEFENSE" during every possession. We may not have the rowdiest fans in the league, but it ain't nothin' to sneeze at in there.

11. jEXCLUSIVE

jEXCLUSIVE Member

Any one that any Houston team is playing at any particular moment sucks. If you have an issue with this then Clutchfans, and in fact Houston Texas, is not the place four you!!!

12. tonyrox

tonyrox Member

The whole point of this post was to try to come up with something better than "portland sucks" and in all of the time and effort everyone put in to give their opinion, we could've come up with a 3-syllable chant to be proud of.

Its ok, lets just continue to show the rest of the NBA how clever we are...I propose 2 even more clevererer chants:

"we are good"
    "suck our d***s"

thread point = fail

13. battousai

battousai Member

class or no class, all i care is if we win or not.

Taunt them all we can and want!!!

14. imatexan

imatexan Member

Maybe you should be more clear of what your point is because it did not seem like that at all.

Portland sucks!

15. jteg25

jteg25 Member

agreed!! i think this guy who started this thread is the same guy on the blazers edge website http://www.blazersedge.com/2009/4/25/853300/apology-from-houston-fan apologizing to the blazer fans for our lack of class. they dont hand out awards to the nicest, classiest city sonny...they give those to the guys who kicked a$$! :mad:

16. jteg25

jteg25 Member

WORD THE F*** UP!!

17. acjeitherocket

hahahahahaha thread started is a fool

PORTLAND SUCKS!!!!!!!!

18. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I don't really care about being classy, but "Portland sucks" is pretty lame and uncreative. It makes the fans look stupid.

19. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

All these people whining about "Portland Sucks"? My god. And it's uncreative and lame? Whatever. I guess people have to find something to b*tch about.

20. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

What a stupid post. The home crowd has been great this series!