1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Picture of Aaron Gray

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 27, 2011.

1. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    Aaron Gray has agreed to a one-year deal with Toronto Raptors, league source tells Y! Sports.

Carl faints!

2. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Have to see the money first. Interesting he couldn't get more than a 1-year deal...

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

3 straight double digit rebound game with Toronto! Another asset Morey missed on!

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

The guy is a shorter, whiter version of Thabeet, But he can't block shots & is athletic as a tree stump. Garbage.

5. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Aaron Gray is simply a big guy who fills the land and can rebound. I like that type of play as an injury replacement, but nothing more than that. He's just used for spot minutes usually.

6. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

I would have liked Aaron Gray or Chris Andersen to back-up Asik. Run Greg Smith at PF for spot minutes he's too small to be playing C and too awful defensively. TBH, really sick of him putting us in the penalty because he can't stop fouling.

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It really bothers me how people talk about size these days. The greatest center the Rockets ever had was 6'10. How is Greg Smith under-sized? Then I constantly see people talk about 6'9 power forwards being under-sized. Tell that to Karl Malone (and I won't even mention Barkley).

I'm well aware Greg Smith is no Hakeem Olajuwon, but it isn't because he's not big enough.

8. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Damn who was this 6ft 10 center the rockets had that was better than Hakeem??

9. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Gray days ahead for the Houston Rockets

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

we should trade for Gray and pick up Michael Redd. Then we can have Gray and Redd Rockets

11. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

why you reviving dead threads?

12. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Hakeem is/was supposedly actually 6'10".

13. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I actually always heard 6'11", Shaquille always said that he wasn't even a 7-footer. He was the same height as Dwight. Smith is a big guy, but yes, he's slightly undersized at the 5. And btw, if Hakeem was listed at 7 feet, how tall do you actually think Greg Smith is?? Watch him next to Asik, it's not close...

14. Jet036

Jet036 Member

I heard Hakeem was actually 6'9

15. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Gray making Morey pay.