1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Phantom Menace: Antifa

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

No Worries and Blatz like this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Right wing conspiracy groups were spreading propaganda about Antifa invading rural towns:

https://www.peninsuladailynews.com/news/deputies-look-into-false-antifa-reports/

RayRay10 and Ubiquitin like this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I agree these groups are overblown...on both sides. I remember a year or two ago there were talks for weeks about some white supremacist group invading Washington DC for a demonstration. I live near the metro station where the group was meeting to "descend" on DC. There were hundred of police cars in the area and policeman everywhere. I think they mobilized all of Fairfax County PD. After all that, it ended up being like a few incels who fit in one metro car with room to spare.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Except you have actual instances of white nationalists going to protests and causing mayhem - including looting. The FBI is investigating this.

But where is Antifa?

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Because mostly likely the rest were too much of cowards to show up when they see the police watching. Btw there is no both sides equivalencies here. Never I thought people would say white supremacy gets overblown.

Simple question how many people have been killed by Antifa groups and how people have been killed by white supremacy groups? There is no equivalencies

Reeko, No Worries, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

haven't watched this but seems legit

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Who wins in a fight: Antifa or the caravan with murderous rapist coming from Central America?

11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

That’s just silly. Of course her emails beat them all.

mikol13, Blatz, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Could you imagine if there was a caravan of Antifa from the West coast coming to invade red states? I mean not right now of course, but in November?

R0ckets03, Blatz, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  13. DCkid

Quite simply, I don't believe there is really much in the way of organized groups causing any of the mayhem. My own eyes and simple logic tell me that most of the rioting and looting is from people who are angry, opportunistic, or some combination of both. I'm sure it's possible there's a few instances of some well-orchestrated, conspiracy-level organized attempt to incite riots, but I'll need evidence to believe that. Until then it just kind of seems like wishful thinking to blame the other sides extremist group

Wattafan and RayRay10 like this.
  14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Well, the FBI and DHS believe it. This was from last summer. Both sides is just the typical right wing false equivalency.

FBI has seen significant rise in white supremacist domestic terrorism in recent months

DHS: Domestic terrorism, particularly white-supremacist violence, as big a threat as ISIS, al-Qaeda

Reeko, RayRay10 and AleksandarN like this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Well they are involved. Whether you choose to believe the stars are burning engines of nuclear fusion or just pin holes in god's hat is up to you, but the truth is the truth and it's up to you to do a bit of homework and critical thinking if you want to know that truth.

Seems like you would given you are posting about it. But I get it, it's easy to be intellectually lazy and just believe what makes ya happy.

Reeko, RayRay10 and AleksandarN like this.
  16. DCkid

I'm talking about the riots these past two weeks. I know you and others don't believe it was Antifa causing most of the riots and looting, and I agree.

I'm assuming you and others believed it was mainly white supremacists groups starting. Sorry, if that's a wrong assumption. In any case, I think that's unlikely.

It seems like the most obvious answer is that it was people who were nearby and lived in the community. It started out of anger, and then when things really started getting out of hand people saw opportunity. It's not like there isn't several decades of precedent for things like this happening..

Anyway, my main point was that the finger pointing at extremist groups seem to be just a political weapon that each side is wielding at the moment.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Not mainly, but they are involved. I started another thread on this and here's a link:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...he-george-floyd-protests-into-a-new-civil-war

It's undeniable that white nationalists are involved causing mayhem - there are videos, there are tweets and FB posts tied to white nationalist groups, and there are FBI investigations into actions by these groups in regards to the protests.

RayRay10 and AleksandarN like this.
  18. DCkid

I'll explain my thinking, but I'd call it something closer to common sense. There's been dozens if not hundreds of riots over racism the past couple decades. Los Angeles in the 90s. Ferguson just a few years ago. Baltimore a few years ago. Just to name a few. There wasn't any talk of some outside right-wing groups being behind any of those. And now, when racial unrest in the US has reach it's pinnacle, I'm supposed to believe that this time it's something completely different? Why?

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You mean evidence like this

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kiro7.com/news/local/bellevue-police-chief-says-looters-are-part-organized-crime-ring/HEMXIDSLOZAH5FE7H7BBEDHQB4/?outputType=amp

Or this

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...ganized-scheme-to-target-high-end-stores/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/nypd-detectives-actively-hunting-looters-vandals-george-floyd/story?id=71036694

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.br...iots-white-supremacy-and-accelerationism/amp/

http://www.milwaukeeindependent.com/syndicated/looting-in-some-cities-seen-as-acts-of-domestic-terrorism-linked-to-white-supremacist-groups/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ellwoodcityledger.com/news/20200602/george-floyd-protests-in-pa-being-hijacked-by-white-supremacists-state-official-says/3?template=ampart

I could go on and post another 10 links if you want. What does your eye test tell you now?

VooDooPope and RayRay10 like this.
  20. DCkid

RayRay10 likes this.