1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The other side is thinking . . and ashamed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by garthomps, May 10, 2009.

1. garthomps

garthomps Contributing Member

Is this Laker team losing a bit of their fan base?

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=86798

What a great performance . . I'm amazed, really! The Heart of this team is bringing back the glory day feelings.

I'm not one to hop on the opponents fan links for their review of the events, but decided to take a look from the site above (that was posted here previously). Perhaps, was curious to hear if they took the game 4 result as a threat or simply continued to gloat.

After reading some of the posts in this link, it reminded me of how I would love for the tables to turn on the lakers and their fans after that infamous game two. For "logical/reasonable" fans (not the bandwagon fans) to actually see the team that they support for what the really are - Arrogant Bastards, who are not that f'n special.

AND, they have! At least at this point in the series.

BEAUTIFUL. Can't believe that game and the beauty of this team that Sir Daryl and co. put together!

GO ROX!!

2. CoolGui

CoolGui Member

Why can't they take Phil Jackson's advice and give the Rockets some f**cking credit?? :)

3. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

They just claimed half of the Rockets roster couldn't make an NBA team, so the Lakers lost to a college team, that's even worse.

4. garthomps

Ya, not to be interpreted as, "all have caved" - but a good majority are voicing their opinions. There will always be homers, of course.

5. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

I hope the Rockets stay the course. Seeking out the reaction of the opponent during battle is going off course.

6. brooksrox

brooksrox Member

Laker fans are really spoiled, most of them think they have a God given right to win everything in sight. Anything less is unacceptable and a disgrace.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I undertand their feelings. Their infinite sized Egos are completely crushed. They finally realized that they are a hell a long way from the next round, let alone being crowned NBA champs....delusional bastards

8. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

This is where they really underestimate us. Take away Kobe & Gasol, you basically have the LA Clippers. I wouldn't think they would even make the playoffs without Kobe. We have lost are two best players and we still have a very competitive team. Major emphasis on the word team. Don't forget our hustle and defense, many people only look at who is scoring points and forget that defense can win you games.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This laker team has shown us they are a mentally weak team before. Kobe hasn't won a ring since Shaq...and this team was only recently first round fodder. It amazed me how little chance people gave us after the way we handled Portland.

It's amazing how much mystique people gave the Lakers for just being the Lakers and having Kobe.

Gasol is big, but he is no Shaq.

10. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

If you could pick a starting 5 from today's combined rosters, I would definitely start Brooks over Fisher. Kobe would be at the two guard, Shane & Scola at the forward positions and Gasol at center. Artest could also start at SF. I don't understand them talking about our roster, we are a much deeper team, despite losing our 2 best players.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Gasol is big and soft and Bynum is overpaid.

Not only that Phil is nearing retirement and Kobe's contract is coming up.

It's funny how everyone said they would be a new dynasty and right now they sure don't look like one.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The Rockets are not the team with Fisher (time to retire), Farmar (can't even beat Fisher for the starting spot), Vujacic (won't be in the league when his Laker contract is up) and Shannon Brown (who?) at the guard positions.

The Lakers are certainly more talented than the Rockets but there is not a player on this Rocket team that does not belong in the league. Actually, the Lakers should be trying like hell to get Chuck Hayes or someone like him on the roster. They might actually have some physical presence inside and consistent interior defense if they had their own Chuck Wagon.

1 person likes this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Oh no, a team that plays hard! There goes our heel.

14. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

Awesome performance today by the guys.

Lakers and their fans SHOULD be ashamed.

15. jedicro

jedicro Member

"half their roster wouldn't even be on most NBA teams"

[​IMG]

16. YaoforPrez

YaoforPrez Member

in addition to this, I would take landry and lowry off the bench over their walton, farmar, bynum, vajinavic, and brown any day. I would also add chuck hayes to this list, but he was too busy starting and shutting down gasol for 3 quarters before pau got his garbage pts. goooooooooooooooo rockets!!!!!!

17. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Anyone hear Magic being a homer on ESPN? He sounded all pissed that the lakers "blew" this one and was upset they didn't take care of business. He suggested he would give them a pep-talk if necessary if Phil couldn't... I hope we crush them.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I love it

Rocket River

19. garthomps

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4156830&categoryid=2378529

20. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Shamefull!

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/Q0sFhGM83VE[/flash]