1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The @Os Trigonum Ron DeSantis Censorship Special

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 6, 2022.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Nah.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Doesn't the law explicitly forbid the discussion of LGBTQ+ issues pre-k - 3rd grade and is completely ambiguous at grades beyond that?

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Okay so I'll check that of as you being triggered. Thanks.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What does the "Q" actually mean? I could figure out all the other stuff, but too tired to google.

5. fchowd0311

But not tired enough to waste 30 minutes of your life being triggered about little kids learning that LGBTQ people exist and to be empathetic towards them.

6. bobrek

YOU don't THINK it should be, however the law would certainly allow another parent to argue it is a discussion about sexual orientation.

7. bobrek

Queer or questioning. Too bad a kid in the 3rd grade in Florida can't ask his teacher the same question.

FrontRunner likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And again, your belief system is demonstrated... you say you aren't anti-gay, yet you use an offensive and childish term to insult people that disagree with you on a political discussion forum. Its funny how people's true beliefs are often exposed while under duress.

VooDooPope likes this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I would think the kids can ask, it's just not part of the curriculum for 8 and 9 year olds. And I think that's right.

These things always happen to become partisan. From what I can see, wokism has led to this stuff becoming part of the curriculum even for 3 year olds in states like California. This law seems to represent a reaction to that trend. Normally, it shouldn't even be needed.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You in particular seem to be quite a fairy.

11. bobrek

@AroundTheWorld

Here is a real world example when i was in the 6th grade. it was raining during PE one day so the coach asked everyone to write down any question they wanted, anonymously put it in a box and he'd try to answer them. A couple of them dealt with "queers". E.g. 'what does it mean to be queer?'. This was a great opportunity to ask questions of this sort as kids may be too embarrassed to ask their parents and this allowed one to ask their question anonymously.

Now, the Florida law is so ambiguous that a parent could sue the school because they don't think it is 'age appropriate'.

12. bobrek

Sure they can ask, but if I were a teacher, I'd certainly avoid answering it.

I'll ask again in case you missed it since you and I agree a Kindergartener doesn't need to be taught about sexual orientation.

Why didn't the law include anything about heterosexual discussion in pre-k through 3rd grade?

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

They could sue, but they would possibly lose. People in the US sue over freaking everything...

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I understand... you have been called out and have been exposed. So you double down, thinking it will help dig you out of the hole you created for yourself. But instead, you dig yourself deeper. But hey, you keep being you...

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

That's a good question - as I posted above, I think the law is basically a reaction to woko haram laws in other states which basically force exactly these themes on small school children, and is therefore focused on fending that off.

16. bobrek

And the teacher and/or the school district will have to fork over cash and time to defend that law suit.

17. fchowd0311

What is woko haram

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

19. bobrek

What other states have laws demanding the teaching of LGBTQ+ to PreK - 3rd graders and how have these youngsters been harmed because of these laws?

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Just looked up the definitions in Urban Dictionary. I meant it as an insult to someone who is overly sensitive. I realize that it is apparently often related to sexuality, which is not what I meant. But if you feel offended because of that, rest assured that that is not what I meant (even though if it were the case, nothing would be wrong with that either).