1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Optimism Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by jbasket, Dec 31, 2012.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't wan to get totally down on the Texans and think there is a chance to win. We have an elite D and the team has at times been able to put up a lot of points. I know it's cliche but on any NFL can possibly bean any other NFL team. It will take a few breaks but it won't take a lot for the Texans to win this game.

2. MystikArkitect

Like another poster on this thread, I was more worried about beating the Bengals than the Patriots. Everything is pretty much lining up for a Texans win. Overconfident opponent and fan base? Check. Pissed off, supremely talented defense? Check. Better running game? Check. Better receiver? Check.

If we keep our penalties to a minimum, we'll win this game. Also Barwin and Smith need to make the Patsies realize they need to be accounted for.

I still can't believe we let that sham of a defense shut us down last time but whatever.

3. jbasket

jbasket Member

Well this was all wrong. Sorry guys. Heartbreak just like the Oilers.

4. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Man this ain't heartbreak its just professional sports. Only one team wins every year.

The main issue with this season is that we have the talent in every position to advance but poor offensive play due to either the QB or the ones that made and called the plays are responsible for this loss.

5. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

This... 31 other teams and cities will feel exactly what we're feeling now. I'm glad we're finally competitive, sure I want to win it all but **** if I wanna be a Browns fan. It only "hurts" because we're finally pretty damn good, just not good enough.

6. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Cushing coming back is all I'm looking forward too...and years of Watt.
    One bright spot in a gloomy outlook with Shaub as QB......

Another sad day as a Houston Sports Fan....

[​IMG]

7. jbasket

jbasket Member

Yea, heartbreak was too strong of a word. Well, the defence also gave up 41, so we have a lot to fix in the offseason.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Vegas gives Texans sixth best Super Bowl odds for next year at 12 to 1.

Fire everybody!

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I would say, as constructed, we could probably beat about 25-27 teams on a regular basis, so that sounds about right to me. However, there isn't a single person out there who thinks we can beat the Patriots with the kind of offense and defense we run. Until that happens, there won't be much money being put on the Texans to come out of the AFC.

10. Mr. Clutch

So then Vegas is wrong is what you're saying.

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

If you're willing to lap up whatever Kubiak coachspeak is out there, he was on 610 saying how excited he was to resume work with Keenum in the offseason.

And if the Pats make it to the super bowl then that frees up a pro bowl special teams spot for Bryan Braman.

12. Mr. Clutch

:mad: :mad::mad: