1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The only way to stop LMA is to make him guard for 48 minutes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by haiti1804, Apr 24, 2014.

1. yummyhawtsauce

You know why? its because they pass the ball lol.

2. autoprt

autoprt Member

not sure sure what to do i guess bringing in cisco to knee him in the gonads is probably the only thing that will work and LMA probably has nads of steel so that probably won't work either.

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

An idea worth trying since nobody has stopped LMA anyway. Your point is to exhaust him by chasing a smaller, quicker player. Super small ball might have a chance.

4. yummyhawtsauce

might only work if they set a lot of screens but rockets do not set screens.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

The sad thing is LMA only played 36 min in game 2.

6. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

McHale is afraid he's score on Dmo. McHale only wants Aldridge to score on Jones, Asik, Pasons, and Howard.

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

8. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

This is worth a try, but it allows LMA and Lopez to feast even more on the offensive boards - which they've been doing anyway, granted.

9. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

I want the Rockets to front him and deny him the ball and if he catch the ball doble team quick the way the Sonics used to guard Hakeem.

10. basketballholic

We do not have anyone even close to being as ridiculously athletic as Shawn Kemp to do that.

11. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

Dwight Howard???

12. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

On offense it would force LMA away from the hoop to guard Parsons, opening up huge lanes for Lin and Harden. They could not defend this line-up. Also with effort we could get some offensive rebounds because their bigs are so spread out.

13. FEAR THE BEARD

Why don't we put DMO on LMA????? He's more athletic than Asik and is taller than TJ

14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

:confused:

the guy is one of the worst defensive players in the league, WTF are you trying to say......?

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

parsons or harden at the 4, that way they can only play LMA. now he has to guard dwight

for a quick 3-4minute spurt run some plays where jones can score, do the same with dmo.

16. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

I like this idea. Instead of forcing us to match him (which we have none btw), we force them to match us. Something McHale is incapable of doing all year long.

It's essentially what Reddick does with Harden.

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

OP has some valid ideas. Throughout the season, some of our best runs have happened during small ball and super small ball lineups.

Portland is VERY confortable in their plays right now. McHale has got to try something as small ball and see if this disrupts their game plan.

Will McHale try it? If my coaching career with the Rockets was on the line, it would be a resounding yes.

18. Andrew Wiggins

So you would rather have mathews shooting wide open threes on the wing, lopez running in for a dunk, batum in the corner wide open or cutting, etc. instead of aldridge shooting turnaround faders for two and contested jumpers?

Watch the highlights and explain it to me. Please.

19. Code Red

Code Red Member

TJ has been horrific so far in these 2 games. He hasn't really done crap to help the team at all. It's not like D-Mo didn't play at all in the regular season. There were stretches where he was really helping this team win. D-Mo is actually taller than Jones...something you can't teach. He also moves really well on his feet. McHale not trusting his players...that is not good a sign. Also it doesn't give players confidence when you feel like your coach does not trust you. When something is broken you fix it. Jones is getting eaten up alive by Aldridge and still after 2 games...D-Mo still has not been given the chance to touch a basketball. :(

20. Code Red

Code Red Member

Are you saying double-teaming is pointless in basketball and should never be done ever? Not even when someone is out of his mind and making everything with single coverage?

What I saw in the highlights was a man who couldn't be stopped. I wouldn't have mind trying something else different...like double-teaming and try to make others beat you. No one in their right mind would leave Lopez open sitting under the basket by himself to dunk the ball...if anything we'll make someone else score from the outside and see how that goes. You also can try to have players help out a little on defense and run back to who they were guarding...instead of just letting Aldridge get comfortable and run his play on single coverage, while the rest of the rockets players just watches. Trust me not everything has been done yet. It's just frustrating that we let Aldridge score that much in 2 games at will without at least trying to double-team him even once....The man is playing out of his mind right now. If he continues to get into that zone again in game 3, would you rather just sit back and watch his highlights once more...or would you rather see something new get thrown at him? All i am saying is that I want the coaching staff to mix it up more if Aldridge becomes unstoppable again...