1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The only realistic TMAC trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Dec 11, 2007.

1. trugoy

trugoy Member

Tmac's trade value is about 80cents on the dollar right now, it's not high, but not desperate, i.e. not KG value right now.

Trades for anyone who is top 15 is unrealistic since no-one will give up their best player for him.

The best scenario is

Artest+bibby+Garcia+1st for
    Tmac+James

Talent wise, sacramento get the best player, they make a playoff push with tmac, martin and miller. They'll never win the ship but they'll compete for the next couple of years.

For us, it's risky, we'll have a more balanced team with Yao, scola, artest, battier, bibby. It'll really be on Yao to get it done if we want to go anywhere.

We have two years to try it, and if it doesn't work then basically bibby, artest, expires, + mike james contract gone, we have enough under the salary cap to offer a max contract in the summer of 2010.

Then Rafer+Scola comes off in 2011, and we have another chance for max contract in 2011, this is all with Yao Ming still under contract, so we basically have 2 chances to build around him in his prime.

2. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

New Jersey + Chicago seem like they would be in the trading mood since they are playing inconsistent.

3. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

what happened to Kobe for T-Mac+fillers as the best offer

4. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

No way LA would do that. Why would they trade a want-out super star for another soon-would-want-out super star? After all, it is well known Tmac has quitted on his orlando team before, right?

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

IF (big if) we can trade McGrady, it has to be for someone that has that assassin mentality. I'm not even thinking about Kobe. Just someone that wants to go out there and aim for the jugular and can actually do it. Pair an alpha dog like that with Yao and this team would be light years better.

6. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

tracy+ rafer or tracy+battier for kidd+boki the trade works either way... though tmac for kidd straight up works as well. tmac ain't goin anywhere though.

7. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

Trade T-Mac for Kids. Nets don't care wining and T-Mac will get good numbers at Nets. He and Carter can share the ball and have a competition on who scores more points night in and night out. While it's also good for Rox, as right now without T-Mac, Rox will be playing better at both ends. If Kids can contribute anything, that will be great. If not, we are still OK, as it won't be worse than it is now.

8. Seth

Seth Member

I proposed several trades that can be done with TMac, i think in all of them i included Alston and or James as i think the best option is to try to get rid of one of this two, asuming we will be getting less value at least we get rid of scrubs.

Tmac can be traded for this players in my view (in order of preference)

Magette-Mobley-Livingston(or cassell)
    Kidd (i will love to aqquire richard jefferson as well by sending alston and james)
    Arenas-Caron Butler

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You people are on crack.

No trade unless you get a D Wade type player in return.

10. mmesser

mmesser Contributing Member

T-Mac/Battier/Alston

for

Kidd/Richard Jefferson

11. Seth

Seth Member

You are on crack, if you were a GM tell me would you give up any of these (Wade, LeBron, Duncan, KG) for T-Mac?? you are on crack my friend.

You have to look for teams with no recent success for the trade.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Then no trade.

Maggette, Kidd, Arenas? Mediocre, old, and overrated.

13. managerrobert

managerrobert Rookie

theres a rumor going around that tmac is burned out emotionally from the stress of kids,family,the hard days in orlando and he would rather RETIRE than be traded to a even worser team. he is also in fact according to this rumor quitting on the team ...it has nothing to do with francis or the teams success, thats why he has a smirk on his face, he knows his skills are deminishing and the team is going NOwhere so he wants to quit.

14. Seth

Seth Member

I think this is an invention more than a rumor because i donĀ“t know anyone who would give up almost 45 million dollar because of family issues.

Do you have any link or something??

15. Seth

Seth Member

Kidd may be old, but he is:

First a PG which is a more important position in order to fix the actually non existant flow.

Second he is more cluch and more leader than T-Mac.

He has more playoff experience and he has been in the finals.

He has 1 less year on his contract and only 2 millions more than T-Mac (one this year and another next year).

The rockets can rebuild faster and if he is still good can resign him for less money, on any case the rockets will save around 20 millions.

16. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

Maybe they are overrated, but they are not cancer to their teams' offense and defense. We get rid of a cancer or even two if add James, any deal is a great deal.

17. RedRaiderRocket

Yes and the Nets are doing so well right now with Jefferson, Kidd, and Carter, and that is in a pathetic eastern conference. If you trade Tmac for Kidd that brings already less scoring than the Rockets already have. Trading for a leader is great and all but it takes more of talent than leadership mentality. Plus Kidd just slightly above what Rafer shoots.

18. CDogg

CDogg Rookie

YES YES AND YES!!!!

19. Rock_Johnson

Rock_Johnson Rookie

what could Tmac trade for pls refer to the KG trade.

I am just happy to see any trade happen on TMAC , no matter who and which teams are involved .

20. Asian Sensation

All of this would be a moot point if T-mac would just man the F up and quit being a gaping wet Vag.