1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The one thing you'll remember most about this season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SA Rocket, Apr 16, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Earl Cureton

Earl Cureton Contributing Member

Karla Malone got his nose broken, what, 2 or 3 times during the home-and-home series?!! And by his own teammates! I have never taken more pleasure in someone else's pain than that night. How sweet it is.

2. KeepJuaquin

KeepJuaquin Member

Roger that.

And Yao Ming's three pointer.

And realizing that Moochie sucks.

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

DEFINITELY the Laker game @ Houston where Steve had 44 POINTS and 11 ASSISTS. All I remember is being in a daze when I heard Bill Walton say, "Let me tell you something, I have gained so much respect for Steve Francis tonight."

Brought a tear to mah eye and a smile to mah lips!

4. Rocketsss

Rocketsss Member

when KT's still around, rox was still the top team in the west.

5. How Sweet It Is

Yao's touch pass to Steve Francis cutting down the baseline vs. Sactown. I nearly jumped out of my seat.

And beating the lakers twice was veeery nice.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hard to argue with this. I'd add the amazing touch pass and it being Yao's first season, of course.

On another note, I'll always remember the numerous times, after about half the season had passed, that I was royally screwed by the NBA by having games shown on the bogus "NBA-TV" channel that we League Pass buyers were already getting and now could not recieve... at least not in Austin via Time/Warner. I'm still extremely pi**ed off about it and I'm telling myself that I won't spring for a 4th season of NBALP. They don't deserve my money.

I hope I can keep that promise to myself when next season rolls around. It'll be tough.

7. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

Larry Smith f*ckin' up our playoff chances.

8. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

Boki riding the pine

9. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

The one thing I confirmed this year:
    Francis is not a PG who can lead us anywhere

10. silent j

silent j Member

11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

This was the season when Steve Francis was finally given everything he needed to show how far he could take the Rockets.

And he showed it.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

OUCH!

As for my memory of this year, it will be the Rockets/Lakers game with the first meeting of Yao and Shaq. Those first 4 minutes of the game were golden with Yao scoring and blocking Shaq's shots! The atmosphere around this game was like an NBA Finals game. It was amazing. Steve's incredible 44pt performance and Steve's pass to Yao in overtime for the dunk and the win. You could not have drawn it up any better.

There were a lot of furstrations this year, but the level at which Yao played this year was a nice surprise and that Rockets/LAkers game, if for only that one game, the Rockets looked awesome and made plays to win the game. Something I will always remember. I hope that is just a glimpse of the greatness to come for this team! :)