1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The official WTF is wrong with clutch fans thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TDRox, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Sanity2disChaos

I was honestly thinking the same thing,and I grown to figure out in life that "you cant make everyone happy". So with that i say hate on haters ,without you success would not taste so sweet!

GO ROCKETS!!

But honestly some of these posters should never call themselves true Rockets fans..SMH......

2. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

How ironic. This thread is about all the negativity of the fan base telling us ro celebrate, and it seems like the thread is now being taken over by, yet, more lof/loh, lin and harden arguments. It was a great win, just celebrate the fact that we won without lin and with harden struggling

3. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Sigh......so divided, this place. LOHs could you guys ignore that glacier guy? He's not a normal human being.

4. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Man, you should come up more and buy us positive shots.

5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I respect the fact that some people only cheer for a certain player and not the team in general but please show some respect for us Rockets fans as well and refrain from trashing our site.

At least be respectful to clutch who worked his butt off since the late 90's to provide us with arguably the best nba fansite/online community. He has been so patient with certain posters who's only agenda is to root and defend one player in particular and doesn't care much about the team.

Quit being so self-centered and have the decency to suppress yourselves from acting like a spoiled juvenile with an overblown sense of how important your opinions are in relation to those of others.

At the end of the day, this is merely a game we all love. This is a site that we all should appreciate and take care of. Do you even realize how lucky we are as fans to have an online community as active as this? So please, all we're asking for is a little accountability.

As Rockets fans, we also love, support, and root for that same player you're idolizing and trying so hard to defend all the time. If he's part of the team, we want him to succeed as well.

1 person likes this.
  6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Alright, here's the deal.... I spent most of last night b****in about Harden - and I believe rightfully so, based on his play of late. But I, like many others, aren't gonna crucify the man if his shot's not fallin... I'm b****in about lack of effort and mental errors... which I find extremely frustrating - especially as the errors keep repeating themselves...

That said, it's like complainin about your family... you b**** about family members to other members of your family - because u want the best for them and sometimes they frustrate the heck out of you. Now if anyone outside the family is talkin down your fam - you shut that down and put them in their place. Well (to me at least) raisin hell about the shortcomings of our players on Clutchfans is 'keepin it in the family....' and I vent within the family so I can maintain my vehement support to the rest of the world.

jus sayin...

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I figured Harden would have trouble against his old team.

8. Ridge94-95

Ridge94-95 Member

Appreciate the OP being a rational fan. Other than that they are a Rockets fan in Vancouver. That's just crazy. Awesome crazy. :cool::grin:

9. Ridge94-95

Ridge94-95 Member

I understand getting frustrated with him, but let's keep this in perspective. He's still a developing starter in this league. This is his first time having to carry a team for an entire season. Cut him a little slack.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You're pissed after a win? Does your head explode after a loss?

You have issues, son.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I had the same experience -- I figured everyone here would be elated to get a win when things were looking grim and like we were about to be swept. And with Harden throwing the ball all over the court while Durant was shooting 147% from the field, it's just incredible to pull out a win anyway. Right? But I guess you can't make everyone happy at the same time. But, I have to wonder, if you can't savor this playoff win before the Rockets season is swept into the dustbin of history, when do you enjoy watching the Rockets play basketball?

1 person likes this.
  12. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

I get your passion, but this is not the place.

13. javajam

This is an example of a reasonable/rational poster. Such a thoughtful approach may get through to some...

14. javajam

Agree. It must be so frustrating for Harden and Lin at this point of their season, and yet posters take the opportunity to make snide and "gotcha" remarks toward two good guys.

15. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Sorry I'm going to be that guy and dub the new rage around here, POF's.

Find a place online where no one complains or criticizes, and that place probably doesn't have any acitivty or posts. Or if it does have a lot posts, its from the same 10-12 people, a thousand posts, same opinions, how boring is that.

The more successful the team is, the more fans will gather around and offer differing opinions. I'd say telling people how to be fans, and how to think because it hurts your feelings is the real travesty here.

I've said it before, but the "hating" was here even last year when I first joined. Kevin Martin and his smiling face on the bench, Patrick Patterson, Scola/Patterson frontline, Scola's defense. Same bickering, different players. We won just as much last year so don't tell me its because were in the playoffs that all of a sudden this is a problem.

You wouldnt tell someone at the live games, "I dont like your attitude young man, no booing in the arena, no criticizing of players" unless you wanted to start some trouble, at least that's how it is here at Oracle, not sure about the TC crowd.

I like this place just fine with positivity and negativity. There's an ignore feature, you should probably use it, and you can filter all the negativity and just read positive posts all day. *Snorefest*

Post is going to be attacked by a "positive" fan, with "negative sarcasm" in 3....2....1.....

16. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Honestly it's Harden's turn for a bit of criticism. He's gotten a pass all season long because he's the "star." Never been held accountable by coaching staff or by fans for his selfish play or poor decision making at times.

Since all star break he has been bad more often than good. 10 turnovers in in only 35 minutes of a playoff game is unacceptable. 1 rebound and 33% shooting doesn't help either. This last game was the crescendo of Harden's deteriorating play as of late, so of course people will be upset.

Can you imagine what fans would say about Lin on here if he had the game Harden had last night?

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

True and repped ! Go Baby Rockets !

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

No sarcasm

Great thread. People are acting ridiculous like we were going to make it to the finals this year. Winning one playoff game against the best in the west is a feat all in its own. Remember we were not even suppose to make the playoffs. People hating on our players need to back off

19. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

More Haters then team fans...

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

OP is 100% right! It's inconceivable not to be 100% stoked after this win.