1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Wii Launch Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Nov 13, 2006.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

So how does TW compare to say Madden on the Wii? Madden, unlike TW, got some pretty nice reviews (81 at Metacritic, compared to 71 for TW), and some of the reviewers noted how good the controls are for that game as well. Is this just a thing where using the controller to play golf is much more fun than using it to play football, or is Madden also in the same category as TW in terms of overall enjoyment?

2. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I have both, and to me, TW is a lot more fun than Madden. The defensive controls on Madden seemed thrown together. It is a better two-player game than the other systems, but I drag the XBox back out when I want to play it by myself. Even so, I think it's honestly just that a well-done golf game works really well on the Wii.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I like Tiger Woods way better than madden

4. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

just bought a wii this past week, and the only game i bought was TW. didn't open anything yet in case i wanted to return it, but reading this, i might just give TW a try..

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I got a Wii as a gift a week ago...played Wii sports then went out and got TW. The game is a lot of fun. Can be frustrating at times but you will get the hang of it.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Yeah, I hate it when I get it on the green on a par 5 in 2 shots and then miss 2-3 puts. Pisses me off

7. Stack24

The putting is horrible. Like trying to get a powerful putt is incredibly hard sometimes...it does get annoying...

8. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I've gotten pretty good at putting. I still can't chip worth anything, but otherwise, I'm getting pretty good.

9. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

10. Stack24

I guess we need a trade off because my driving and chipping are good but my putting from long range i can't get enough distance on it.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Anyone know when Mario 3 will be available for download? Why the hell isn't it?!

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they are pacing the games. help distribute revenue generation.

i hope they release friday 13th...never beat that game

13. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

i just waited on line for 90 minutes for a wii. had one already but my niece's birthday is coming up and she really wants one.