1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official T-Mac as a Knick Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Feb 18, 2010.

1. J-Tang

J-Tang Member

Notice taht he really doesn't have lift when driving. He is still strong so he is pushing from the defender and taking the contact and forcing the ball to the basket but he really can't just dunk over someone anymore, nor actually beat someone off the dribble.

2. jskogsberg

jskogsberg Member

Kevin durants blog: http://kevindurant35.com/2010/02/21/me-and-t-mac/

"What’s good everyone? I’m sure you know by now that we extended our winning streak to eight games with a win over the Knicks on Saturday.

On a personal note, I also had the chance to go up against one of my favorite players as a kid, Tracy McGrady, who the Knicks got in a trade last Thursday.

It was T-Mac’s first game as a Knick, so I’m sure that had to be special for him. McGrady is a guy I really look up to. He’s been through a lot these last couple of years with getting hurt and he finally got his chance to comeback and show what he can do. Unfortunately, it was against us.

As a fan of the game, though, you just like to see him back on the floor in another team’s jersey. I’m happy for him. He’s a guy who I patterned my game after when I was young. The guy who taught me how to play basketball told me every game to play like Tracy McGrady. I had to get a certain amount of stats and I had to play with a certain demeanor on the floor. I tried to play like Tracy McGrady every game from when I was 10 years old till I was 16. If I didn’t play like him I had to do extra sprints. I would get in trouble. So that was a guy who I always watched.

How about you guys? Is there a player who you try to pattern your game after? Let me know in the comments section. "

Thats really cool.. :)

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

Kevin Durant is 21 now. So go back 5 years to when he was 16....yep, right when McGrady got traded and choked in the playoffs vs the Mavs. Then it was time to follow someone else.

Whats that coach recommending to his player's now, emulate Monta Ellis?

4. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

tmac could still return to elite status

5. RocketMania1991

The Rockets team chocked. Not just Mcgrady.

6. skillz034

skillz034 Member

T-mac definitely doesnt have the lift that he used to. But he still has scoring ability and is an awesome playmaker. Hes def coming back strong. and only time will tell to see if he gets some of his lift and explosiveness back. But regardless as long as he doesnt get injured he will be effective in this league once again.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

YES ROOKIE!! YES I AM!!!

I am the Ultimate in T-Slack Hater Technology!

Rocket River
    :grin:

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

That's about as good as being proud of forgetting to wash your hands after tearing up the toilet. Not saying much. :grin:

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

I think that came across the wrong way. Not meaning any offense.

10. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

emjohn deserves a QFT for that, even though I don't use that acronym

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

so . . .in this senario . . .T-MAc would be TEARING UP THE TOILET
    and being a Hater of his . . .is not washing your hands . . . ..

Well . .. T-Mac is about a Toilet of . . .. Ssssshhhhaaving cream
    be nice and clean
    Shave everyday and you'll always look keen

Rocket River

12. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I can't believe some people are saying that last night wasn't a display of skill. He's obviously been working on his jumpshot with Grover for some time now and it's showing. Additionally, he's getting a lot of contact on his drives so he doesn't even need to hit the shot when someone is all over him. All he needs to do is hit the FT's.

13. Christopher

Christopher Member

Imagine how good he could be if he was a guy.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

yeah im sure he cares he has probably 100 million in the bank. is one the best b ball players of his generation. has had his medical problems and has worn out his welcome in houston and has moved on.

seriously im sure he really cares a LOT that you hate on him.

15. durvasa

durvasa Member

I like our Clyde better:

That's what you call "making a shot".*

* actual quote from Indiana game

16. rocketnam

rocketnam Member

People can say what ever they what,but Mcgrady's first appearence was a great one.Still commanding the double.Working the pick and roll with Lee.

I saw the pick and roll with Lee a least a handful of times.It works better with Lee than with Yao....sad to say.

The guy would of taken less money next year.We should have kept him.If you trade Mcgrady because of injuries then I guess Yao is on his way out as well.

17. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

His style wouldn't fit??? RA couldn't find a place for his 26 points and how many more assist than AB. 6 min cameos was BS. So what if he wasn't part of the future, he should have been allowed to play in full games maybe not 48 mins, Rocket fans deserved to see for themselves, shouldn't have to found out that T mac is back by watching the NY game. And we probably wouldn't been in 9th or 10th place in the western playoff picture. If he wasn't hated on so much probably could have pulled off trade bc his value would have been higher without giving up Landry. What would become reality quicker a former nba scoring champ returning to all strar status or Ariza becoming an the sg that the team needs even though RA & DM have given him the green light all season to shoot. This team needs a closer. How the hell is our team putting up well over a 100 in games this season & still losing to the East??????

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

u have to admit, the NBA brotherhood is very strong. a lot of NBA stars and other players are happy for tracy, such as wade, durant, landry, lowry...

19. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

I watched the 1st quarter of last night's game.

10 pts and 3 assists in that quarter. Not bad!!

If you watched the game, you would see he was playing WELL. Playing smart, not just 'filling up' the stat sheet. Good to see him doing well so far.

20. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He cant beat someone off the dribble? he destroyed harden and green for 2 and 1 plays with ease off the dribble. did you even watch the game? :rolleyes: . he also destroyed durant and beat him off the dribble.you can hate, but you're just blind.