1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official T-Mac as a Knick Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

tmacs defense was bad at best last night

2. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

They'll have his Bird Rights, I believe, and could still sign him for MLE-type money. But you're correct, it wouldn't be an exception.

3. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

They have to renounce his rights (and Lee's) to get their cap space. Unless they get completely shut out on the market, I don't see more than $2M in McGrady's future with the Knicks. And honestly, I don't see them keeping him at all.

4. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

because he was a phenomenal player to watch, and we want to see him be something like that again. some of us are fans of the game,not just the rockets

5. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Yeah, that's true. They'll probably renounce rights to every free agent they have.

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I think they'll hold on to Walker, and maybe Rodriguez.

7. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

I don't see the total of next contract over 10M.
    Minimum in a good team or 3M-5M one yr in a bad team is the most likely scenario. He's looking at AI.

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

A safe bet for any team would be to offer Tmac midlevel type money for one year. This would be beneficial to Tmac as well. No way someone is going to give him good money for multiple years. He might as well prove his worth for one year and then try to get a better deal.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

its a shame to see him fall so fast to a point where people are saying 2-3 million is all he is worth

its hard to feel bad for him though considering he never really worked as hard as he could of in the off season to improve his body. a lot of his injuries/problems came from lack of proper rehab/training which is really all under his own control.

10. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

really? lack of rehab and training?

so i guess he never trained to go from a skinny highschooler who couldnt bench press to that buff physique he's had with the rockets?

i guess that shoulder injury of his was due to not training? or his back problems was because of lack of training too? cmon man. give the guy a break. the only time he didnt rehab properly was the last offseason, and that was because he got off a surgery. to me, his mistake was sticking to his old trainer out of loyalty instead of going to grover in the first place.

how conveniently you guys forget that he wasnt even supposed to start the season last year but he still played because battier was out. and despite feeling the pain which obviously needed surgery, RA and DM kept putting him out there. instead of holding him back and re evaluate his health, they ignored what he was feeling and listenedto their team doctors. the same doctors who keep missing injuries until its too late (duh... yao)

tmac's been playing for years with scoliosis. it's amazing he's done it for this long. age gets to you. even shaq with the lack of good centers isnt worth 10mil right now. so there's nothing wrong with that. what's shameful is you guys devalue a player/person based on what you think he's worth. just because his contract falls from 20mil to a probable 2mil doesnt mean he's worth squat as a bball player. there's no shame in that. quitting right now instead of coming back to reclaim his pride is.

11. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Theres a lot wrong here, but I must point out...

Pride? Tmac? The?

12. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Shaq's 37, still got 18/8 last year and a deserving all star.
    TMac's 30, and had been reporting to training camp out of shape every offseason. Yes, he's got some injury and surgery. But Kobe had the same small cleanup surgery and he was never fat.

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

His shot selection has improved alot. his movement has lso improved since he played his frst game against the pistons. there is no limpingand is moving pretty good. now he isalso slowly starting to jump a little higher, for 2 and half months of playing and considering it takes 12months to be ok again after MF surgery, he is doing pretty good.

14. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

McGady had a shoulder and knee op surgery that offseason.

15. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

He has improved a lot. If you watched him in his first game and his last few games he has improved physically. he is running better, he is quicker and his explosivness looks much better. he is more confident as well.

His numbers will not tell you that, they actually look bad. But as we have around 9 games left in the season, he has to start being more agressive. He just HAS TO.

I look for him to have few very good (high scoring) games down the stretch. he will have to do it to show that he is still worth something. He needs to start being more and more agressive.

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Forgot to add that.

Right now you don't know what you are gonna get. One night he looks miserable the other one he has moments when you even say 'Wow'.

He has to start being more consistent.

17. lalala902102001

I'm afraid that you will be thoroughly dissapointed. I don't see McGrady ever returning to his all-star form. He is a role player now and whether he accepts that role will determine how long he will stay in the NBA.

18. timacmania03

timacmania03 Member

tmac just made a NICE cut and a dunk ahha

19. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He made a great dunk. lol. finally

20. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

McGrady had a much bigger surgery then Kobe too!