1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The Official T-Mac as a Knick Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

It is nice you are trying to defend Tracy but aren't you tired?

I mean, he has been saying all over again:

'I am ready'
    'I may not be 100% but very close and I am gonna play much better than at any point of last season'
    'Tim is gonna have me jumping like during Toronto days'

The reality is, give me Tracy before the surgery and he is gonna perform better. Remember, last year he was playing on a winning team. This year he can't play on a loosing team.

Last two games he has been just STANDING on the court. His quickness, elevation, explosivness are GONE.

And he doesn't even try which is pretty sad. Because that is not what he promissed.

3. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

:confused: :confused: :confused: I know. Where did that come from?

4. cuddie

cuddie Member

In hindsight, I applaud Morey and co. for how they've orchestrated all of this. Limiting McGrady to 7 minutes a game, with the premise being that they're doing it for personal reasons...pure genius! Hand McGrady some credit as well, as his big mouth increased his trade value more than any amount of extended minutes would have. I love this organization.

I do feel bad for McGrady, but this situation couldn't have worked out better for us. Well, maybe if we were able to keep Landry, but that's a different story altogether.

5. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

And that not now an 'hungry' player looks.

6. sew

sew Member

[​IMG]

7. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

It's about walk the walk. In comparison, Hill wasn't able to stay healthy in his prime. But he didn't talk non-sense and he's still respectable when he could suit up.

8. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

woot, dog pile

9. Wack-T-713

Wack-T-713 Member

Your boy T-wack couldn't come back from arthoscopic surgery. Arenas had MFS and it took him two years because he rushed it, that's his fault.
    Mcgrady won't ever be the same. Get over it man.

10. abc2007

abc2007 Member

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Ginobilis_surge_continues_in_Spurs_win.html

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

Hence, my post. What he ends up doing means nothing. He got the opportunity he wanted. Just because he's still injured and can't play worth a damn doesn't change the fact that NY was his dream destination.

It just means that he sucks.

12. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

do you think adelman wouldve played him at all if tmac just sat quietly waiting for them to play him? do you know how you could find out where you are basketball wise after surgery if your coach only plays you 7mins a game?

how do you know if youre in good condition? you could be running and jumping for 7minutes and not feel anything.

he's saying he's healthy. what? he cant get tired? he cant feel soreness on a surgically repaired knee after playing 35mins, back to backs? he said he isnt 100% yet so youre expecting him to do what? score 30 in 20mins of playing time? he's shown in games that he can score 20, he's shown he can dish, play decent defense, rebound, etc. he just cant do it consistently because he just got off a freaking surgery and needs some time to get back basketball wise.

he's in a new team. he's just trying to fit in and trying to get his conditioning/rhythm back. and theyre not asking him to score more. they all know theyre not making the playoffs so why put stress on his knee when you know you have to take it slowly with this type of surgery? why alienate your teammates by taking every single shot.

this is what you guys cant seem to get: the knicks traded for tmac's expiring contract and tmac understands that. they dont need him to carry the team on his back to the playoffs. they just want to see what he's capable of and see if he fits their future plans. and tmac already said the words dolan and the knicks would like to hear. he's willing to come back for a significantly reduced salary. any other team would be salivating over the idea. tmac for 2mil? even as a probable 10pts, 7ast, 4rebs player? hell yeah. who wouldnt want that? the only thing tmac needs to do right now, is take his sweet time to get back into game shape in time for 2010. and the knicks are ok with that. they dont need him now. but they would love the idea of a healthy mcgrade on a vet min contract next year.

stop hating on the guy. he's already moved on. he hasnt said anything bad about the rockets. why havent you?

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

How is what I said hating? Some of you make me sick with the "hater" term just when someone states an opinion you disagree with. Anybody who has read my post about T-mac on this forum knows I am far from a hater.

Half of the stuff you said had absolutely nothing to do with what I said. I didn't say because T-mac isn't scoring a lot that means he's playing bad. Just watch the games and you can see he isn't doing much to help his chances out at a good contract.

I'm not he hater type. I don't hate on anything I simply state my opinion.

14. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Remember, before the season started he said he has never been as motivated.

Right now you see no passion in his game. Not at all.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bingo.

He does not play hard, he does not play with heart.

The Knicks and Tracy McGrady are a match made in heaven.

I mean, it seems like the best way to get healthy would be to push yourself in games. SPRINT back on defense, make HARD cuts. He should be able to do that just fine. Tim Grover says he is ready to go... This reminds of that Toronto game when Tracy said he looked at the film afterwards and said that he didn't realise that he was playing that bad when it happened. He is a mental mess.

16. Pocket Rockets

Too bad you can't regain hustle after surgery if you didn't have it prior

17. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

What I'd say is - he could have done all of the above as an inactive player with us. Still paid the same amount. The big difference is, he doesn't expose himself to the world like he is right now.

Half this board was pulling out their hair in December over 7-minutes-gate, furious that Adelman wasn't letting him just play since clearly he was better for us than Ariza (*cough*). Not playing allowed folks to buy into all of McGrady's "I'm Ready" talk. Playing in NY has shut up all but a select few diehards.

If this is McGrady's wetdream destination, it's coming at a massive price. If he sat in Chicago all spring, I'm sure he'd at least get the full MLE from someone like Miami. As a Knick, every GM is witnessing just how washed up and finished he is as a player. Unless he starts gobbling PEDs and washing them down with trucker-sized Red Bulls between now and April, I honestly question whether he even gets a 1-year deal this summer.

That flushing sound you hear are his future earnings.

#2137 emjohn, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  18. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Given that he claimed to be ready in early November and has been working with Grover the entire time, it's absurd to think he didn't have the opportunity to test himself all out.

He could have been doing 5 x 5-minute wind sprint intervals to check his conditioning, speed and acceleration, and how the knee tolerated that of the course of 40 minutes.

He could have done fastbreak drills, stopwatching an end-to-end dribble across the court finishing with a dunk. He'd check his explosiveness and lift.

Watching the Knick games, it's clear that either his explosiveness and jumping ability are long gone, or he's playing with 60% effort level.

If it's the former, and he honestly had no clue, than he and Grover really look stupid.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Basically, when people want to shut down or discourage a discussion they don't like, name-calling like this usually ensues. Being labeled a "hater" of some player is one of the most common methods used.

It's interesting because I was getting worried the NBA Dish would become like the GARM with all of the negative McGrady threads that got started. I'm sure McGrady's defenders felt the same way. Now that everything is posted in one thread, I guess the goal of some has changed to cooling down some of the pointed rhetoric. But if anyone doesn't like the comments on McGrady, all they have to do is avoid this one thread, which shouldn't be hard to do. I'm surprised by the number of people who are bothered by the comments about McGrady.

emjohn, tell it like it is.

20. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

You prove you are ready to play in practice. That is how a player shows when he is ready. Adleman saw him in practice and his little workouts and could clearly see he was not close to being 100% ready to play like HE CLAIMED he was. The other players said the same thing. He never got out there with the guys to show he was capable of playing again.

We have a young team with a very small margin for error and we could not afford to play him 20+ mins a game just to feel his way around the court to see what he could do. We were playing well as a team and no need to mess that up for a player that will be in and out of the lineup AGAIN.

I'm not hating on him, my point was that while here he made a big fuss to the media about Adelman not playing him. He CLAIMED he was hungry and ready to go. He gets all the playing time he wants now and look at him. Sitting out games and not playing in over half of the game. THAT is not being ready or hungry. He over-promised and under delivered in a major way. I can't wait for March 21st. I bet he finds some energy for that game to try and score 40 on us. He will FAIL!!! Battier and Ariza will make him work for every shot he takes. Pack your lunch T-Mac its going to be a long day for you...