1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The official "Sonics Firesale Watch" thread....

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tigereye, May 6, 2007.

1. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Member

The guy i'd like to get from Seattle that is realistic is Chris Wilcox. This guy can step in and start at the 4 for us right away. He has a resonable contract and thats a massive need for us.

I think Sacramento will be looking to move some of their older players as well.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Wilcox or Collison either one would work...and toss in Ridnour for good measure.

DD

3. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Member

Firesales in baseball are very different than basketball. I think you can't compare the two. Baseball doesn't have the salary cap structure that basketball does.

I agree that Seattle may be looking to get rid of players like mad. But they will want cap space and draft picks in return. Two things we cannot offer. Teams will be able to offer then better picks and players with expiring contracts

We have neither.

I know what you're saying about signing Jake Tsakalidis to a 1 year deal for who knows how many millions to make it a sign and trade, but that seems like a very unlikely scenario.

With our cap situation and draft pick situation the only players we will get that are of any quality will either have injury or character concerns.