1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Rafer as a Heat Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by engr chris, Mar 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. engr chris

engr chris Member

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Good. If there is one basketball player I cannot stand, it is Rafer Alston.

3. Mr. Space City

The Official Rafer as a BUM Thread

4. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

guess this thread won't be lasting long then.

5. lmaballa

lmaballa Rookie

R.I.P. to Rafer's NBA career

6. Lovemachine2000

He never belonged in the league. A marginal talent, not the hardest worker either. God I hated the days when he played for the Rockets.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Are you saying he was a slacker? Not true at all.

8. Serg300

Serg300 Member

Mike James anyone??? :)

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This thread was over before it started.. You should change the name to "The Official Rafer as a *insert team here* Thread"

10. parmesh

parmesh Member

Upon reading the first couple words of the title, I was really hoping this thread would be titled "The official stop making 'the official {insert something sort of newsworthy here}' thread." Damn!

11. Lovemachine2000

He was not necessarily a slacker, but I have the impression that he didn't always work on skills that would help his team win. Everything about his playing style screams mediocrity. He's a bad shooter, absolutely terrible finisher, an OK defender. As a play-maker (if you can even call him that), he makes the safe (read: low chance of turnover) passes that don't necessarily help facilitate the offense. As a result he manages one decent stat category, AST/TO ratio, but the offense is still stagnant and inefficient.

His attempts at the teardrop shot are absolutely horrendous. I died a little inside every time I saw him attempt that shot in a Rockets jersey.

12. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

This is a thread that should have been started right at the time Rafer signed on with the Heat IMO. Perhaps I don't even start the one thread I started with him not playing in the Heat's game with the Lakers last Thursday if this thread was alive then.

13. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

Here's the very latest info concerning Rafer's MIA act from the Heat from the Miami Herald. Please note: You may be prompted to register in order to view the article.

Link-->http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/09/1519647/alston-void-prompts-options.html
    Also, here's another article concerning the same saga from the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

Link-->http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-dwyane-wade-s030610,0,7404591.story

14. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

lol in that second article... Mike James seems really desperate to play in the NBA... "Give me 3 plays" haha...

15. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

The reason why he left the Heat was because he had to go back home to Texas to take care of his twin sister. She apparently tried to commit suicide and it was around the same time he was taken out of the Golden State game.

Heres the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4980995

16. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

17. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Ric Bucher Twitter: For those who say texting a team is unacceptable, re:Alston: 1, that's how teams communicate with their players; 2, he had his reasons.