1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official "Mikes Jame sucks and is finally GONE" Thread!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KillaBlackMamba, Feb 21, 2008.

1. KillaBlackMamba

Alright guys, I know majority of you all do not approve of Morey's trade but lets just look on the bright side!

A. Mike James could not play a lick of D to save his life. Therefore it's great news to see him go.

B. Mike James could not take a good shot even if you drew up a play for him. He'd still rather shoot the first opportunity he gets at the ball, and the second, and the third and so forth. Therefore, it's great news to see him go.

C. Mike James is the worst player in NBA history and its great to see him go.

D. This could help up land a complementary wing scorer (i.e. Miller, Artest, etc.)

E. Mike James sucks

2. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

thank god he's gone.

he played decently here years ago, but that wasn't enough for us to warrant his return. i guess, getting rid of mike james is like getting rid of juwan howard since he's the person we traded to acquire mj.

3. R-Jay

R-Jay Member

Mike James has proven everything and that's left there on the books, history books.. the past..

Bobby Jackson will offer 3 points, playmaking as he is a student of RA in Sacramento and a hard nose defender who will brawl with you :cool:

Its a good addition on defense and another option on outside shooting that Bonzi has been inconsistent. A better Freethrow shooter than Wells and a veteran who could help Rafer Alston.

Also, notice that Carl Landry is doing almost the same thing as Bonzi. I think Carl Landry already get everything from Bonzi, shooting, post up and energy. It is a good oppurtunity for Landry to prove himself more. Also, Tmac will have the urge to drive more to have lane presence... Tmac needs to attack more now that Bonzi is gone..

4. Carladyfan

Carladyfan Member

this trade will light a fire under rafer's ass, which is a good thing.

5. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

Oh noez!

I kept my signature for 3 years for nothin'!

6. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Oh no, we replaced Mike James, who wasn't seeing playing time, with Bobby Jackson...who wasn't seeing playing time.

Please, let there be a second trade.

7. wink2moochie07

Well DNP-Coaches Decision is gone. Replaced by an older DNP-Coaches Decision and we lost Bonzi who is our only legitimate 3rd option and bench presence who can fill in for Mac when he goes down.

This smells foul. This smells like rat b*stard Les.

8. kwng

kwng Member

If he is gone alone, I am all happy but his trade took Bonzi with him.
    It's like we try to trade this with a trader this old rusty ring we want to throw away but no one wants it so we tempted the trader to take the rusty ring with a Sapphire one (though not Diamond). If we traded the rusty and the Sapphire one for Emerald one, I do not mind but for another rusty ring.

9. tomjc

tomjc Member

~yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

bye mike james, see you next year in our stands!

10. rv2843

rv2843 Member

MJ thinks he is the first scoring option of the team, and he had to go. He worked his butt hard while in Toronto for contact, and after he got the fat paycheck, he sucked since then.

11. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

Smoke Mike James. Glad to see him go. He wasn't worth his contract and now we pawned it off on someone else to clear room for Miller or Artest. Hate to see Bonzi go, but I think this is a move leading into another and losing Bonzi is a necessary evil.

12. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

I never like Mike James' game. People saying James can play PG are delusional. I always say Mike James trade is GIGO.

It's funny to see Morey jumped into the J-Ho trade as he booted off his career as GM and failed miserably. The costs to take Mike James are proved to be more than J-Ho's contract with trade kicker, J-Reed's salaries, and now, the Rockets need to throw in a useful rotational player just to get rid of James after half season. The Rockets may be better off holding onto J-Ho's contract instead of trading for James.

But in the near future, someone will put up a thread "Bobby Jackson sucks more and he's finally GONE". It's funny we get Bobby Jackson filling in.

In the past 5 sessons, Bobby Jackson managed to play 71 games in 1 season and the other 4 seasons, he played below 60 games. Jackson has already played 46 games this season - only missed 6 games so far - a miracle.

How many games can Bobby Jackson still play this sesaon? I am not cursing, but some kind of strain/sprain will be heard very soon. Not to mention all his stats is nose-diving this season. As the Hornets' fans say: Bobby Jackson has 2 good games so far in this season. Bryon Scott doesnt give up somebody for no reason. Remember Kirk Snyder. :mad:

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I had high hopes for Mike James, and after the team's quick start where he was playing fairly well, I was excited...but....then he stunk....and fell out of the rotation, and he never seemed to fit in...so....sayanara.

DD

14. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

well, he DID get 17 pts to help NOLA beat the Mavs the other day. That was a big game against two elite in the west, and somehow he was given enough minutes to get 17...i think he had 5 3's...

he's an adelman player.

who knows. maybe this is going to look crazy like playing novak during the kings game implosion until it all made sense with the game winning 3.

15. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Classy as always GARM.

I wish Mike the best of luck.

16. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Tell that to 95% of the posters here who were delighted at the prospect of replacing Rafer with Mike James. Hindsight is 20/20.

17. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Bryan Scott likes to pick up former Kings. Why? It's because Scott was an assisstant for Rick Adelman for 2 seasons. Jackson is also Scott's player. If Scott gives him up, it is not a good sign.

18. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I would have much rather had the Mike James from 2-3 years ago.

If he would have been playing up to that level ... we'd be looking at being top 4 in the west, easy.

Unfortunately it seems that MJ doesn't exist anymore. Sucks that he didn't pan out.

19. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

Did anyone actually expect Mike James to grasp the team concept?

Bad move from the beginning, I'm just glad he may still have some value out there...

20. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

At the beginning of the season, the Rockets had 3 players sports writers thought would improve. Bonzi, James and Francis. I never held out much hope for Francis and he didn't suprise me nor disappoint me. I thought Bonzi would improve the most from last year - and I think he did. James was my next pick to really improve and what a huge disappointment he was. He actually got worse this year and has sunk to a point that I don't believe Mike belongs in the NBA anymore. It would have been sad to see him rotting on the bench for 3 more years sucking all that money from our cap. I never thought I would have felt ripped off by trading Howard for James but in the end, I did. He cost us Bonzi to send him packing. But overall I am glad because I didn't think we'd get anyone to take him and his $ off of our hands. The trade to get under the LT and get rid of a salary albatrose. And the price was a 12 minute role player on contract year. As a slight bonus, we picked up a backup pg that's played under Rick that may offer some relief for Rafer.