1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The Official Landry is a King Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Tenchi, Feb 18, 2010.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thanks for posting this - I don't know if he expressed this before, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem like he misses us as much as we miss him.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not the first time since he got traded that he's been asked about the fans here.

He could care less.

I hope people here notice that and move on like he has.

3. mic

mic Contributing Member

"Thanks for the support, but I'm a King now." ;_;

4. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

What do y'all want him to do ? cry ?? It's a business and he has a job to do...

Good luck as a king and thanks for the effort

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Mcgrady showed more love for the city of Houston and fans thou.... I thought he would care more, did bother me I must admit....

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Goodness this board is filled with whining about every single quote by a player that was a former Rocket that isn't kissing the Rockets asses.

He's a King now so he must act like it. What he said was normal and good enough. I'm sure he would rather be competing for a player spot in Houston with his friends but he can't go out and say that and he can't change the trade that happened.

8. potato head

potato head Member

completely agreed.

9. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

10. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

carl landry beasting right now

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

10 pts. for Landry so far.

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

runnng 2 straight plays through landry = scores :)

13. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

I agree. I'm sure he hates being on a crappy team, but he can't just say what he really feels. He's gotta stay PC.

14. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

do you guys remember that 2-3 month stretch from like january to march a couple years ago where landry just had this insane explosion of athleticism? like he was literately dunking everything. he was makin a name for himself... double clutch two handers, the arms-out airplane... but then he had that surgery or something? he was never the same type of player.. he adjusted and became an effective scorer in other ways.. but can you imagine what he would be if he still had that athleticism?

seriously.. it was r****ded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTHTmeDvShQ&feature=related

that gives you an idea.

15. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Yup, I remember that...after that injury, he was unspectacular for the rest of that season, but each offseason he worked hard to acquire new moves and gradually became a more skillful player. I wonder if that injury was actually a blessing in disguise that forced Landry to work hard and become the player that he is today or if he would've worked just as hard without the injury. Imagine that athleticism + his current skills...thats definitely an allstar.

#135 LCII, Feb 22, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  16. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

It's a shame that he didn't regain his explosiveness. It was the only way that he was going to be a decent rebounder(8/game), while having an 8'6" standing reach.

17. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

He looks a lot better in those sweet Kings road jerseys.

;)

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

He makes millions a year to play ball. I'm sure being on the Kings, with a starting job, doesn't bother him too much. He's getting more opportunities with the Kings that he wouldn't get with Scola in front of him in the rotation. He gets more minutes and a chance to earn a hefty contract in a couple years. He deserves a chance to further his career, and that includes financially.

19. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

This is true, but in the end, most players will tell you that the most important thing to them is winning a championship. He won't be doing that with the Kings anytime soon.

20. Zombie529

Zombie529 Member

I was listening to a Sacramento radio station today from my iPhone and half the people calling in want Carl to play the 3 spot! They obviously don't realize that Carl plays a lot bigger than 6'7"!