1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Trading Sengun? Stop me if you've heard me talk about this one. We're talking #Rockets LIVE right now ...

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The official KPJ as building block thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sydmill, Mar 2, 2022.

?

KPJ part of your Rockets foundation?

1. Yes

36.4%
  2. No

63.6%
  1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Okay, then if he improves his lobs or PnR even just a smidge he'd be knocking on the door of double digit assist average, which would lead NBA.

6.2 is average or better is not bad for player playing PG for entire season which would be first time in his entire career.

Patience for Green going thru NBA growing pains but none for Porter?

Denovo, Verbal Christ and jiggyfly like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

clutchfans does not think Green should be the PG. We want Greens touches and shots to go way up. We also want KPJ to find Green for more shots instead of players like Tate. KPJ should be actively trying to get the ball to Green

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

That's not how PG works.

The ball goes to the open player.

Forcing ball to Green would just alert opposing defense, bad strategy and easily read.

And Silas himself said that Green's sweet spot is 18 SPG. Green is already shooting more than this most games.

And Green is actually an unselfish SG, he actually will pass up shots when he believes a teammate has a better shot.

Verbal Christ and jiggyfly like this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Well if he incorpates those passes into his games u probably see less folks complaining about his pg abilities at least less from me.

D-rock likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

KPJ averaged as many assists THIS season (1st full season at PG) as Lebron and Steph.

.05 behind Ja Morant and .07 behind Jrue.

CP3 (10.7) and Harden (10.1) lead NBA.

#665 D-rock, Apr 6, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    Verbal Christ and rockbox like this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Like I said b4 if we want a player be like an inferior harden sure. I just want someone to utilize more passing abilities to score ez buckets.

If kpj can shoot like curry no one is gonna complain about his passing abilities.

If Kpj is an offensive threat like the players u listed or good at controlling the offense like cp3 there wouldn't b any complaints.

Man is averaging 15 pts doing basic passes for assists. That's just my take.

There are folks that just want kpj to not freeze green out. Hence their complaints

I just want an actual pg that utilize more passing abilities to help everyone on the team.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Fair enough.

But KPJ freezing out Green crowd lack substantiation.

Denovo and jiggyfly like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It seems you don't know the definition of delusional, either.

What did I say that was delusional?

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

KPJ is fine, I just don't see the consistency yet. Jalen's given us 40 steady games with a few hiccups and it's just the second half of his rookie season.

I need that from KPJ. I know he can go off from 50 when he's feeling good. I know he can have a streak of 7 good games when he's feeling good. More important: I need to know he can make HIMSELF feel good most of the time. That's what this whole experiment with him is about.

Right now his stats are barely different than last season (even assists) plus some defense which is nothing to write home about. It's not bad, but I still see no reason to commit to him long term.

Also, I don't like that he acts big brother with Jalen. That's going to be a problem because Jalen is already a better decision maker and player. It's going to cause friction because a guy who is not in control of his emotions like him typically can't avoid jealousy. I've sensed that jealousy from him at times, but it could be I'm wrong.

Willing to wait, but I want to give Christopher a chance and if a great PG becomes available I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger.

Bo6 likes this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

There has been instances where kpj isnt feeding the player that is literally on fire, but I chalked that up to lack of playmaking vision more than anything.

11. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

I think we will run it back with KPJ and green and draft Chet or Jabari

D-rock, Caesar, PatBev and 1 other person like this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Yep. I think that's the plan.

D-rock likes this.
  13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

i think we run it back with kpj but id prefer to move him tbh.

i just dont think hes mature enough yet and while hes talented and has been balling, it doesnt strike me as a style thats condusive for future winnning. I'd prefer a more traditional style floor general/3nD PG next to green. I think KPJ can become a 6th man of the year type of player but thats just not what i "feel" is best for building a long-term competetive roster for the future.

i hope hes built enough value that we can package him with whatever trades we do this off-season to maximize his value.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why would you not want him to be that 6th man type on the Rockets?

It's amazing how many feel like KPJ is just too damaged to have a future here.

D-rock likes this.
  15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

i'd love to have him as that 6th man type, just not sure he'd be willing to accept that role after establishing himself as a starter on the team. i think he will bounce around as a starter for a few years before ultimately maturing and accepting his role as a bench scorer 6th man role. but i dont feel or think hes ready for that type of sacrifice yet this early in his career. id love to be proven wrong but it sure doesnt feel like it and id prefer to avoid the locker room "drama" that may come with him being demoted.

16. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Come up with something original, nobody gives a f about what your random twitter buddy has to say.

17. vator

vator Contributing Member

I posted that KPJ and JG could be the best backcourt in the NBA. If you don't like it just move on. You can't speak for everybody. I didn't even know who you were until today. Dead ass. That's how irrelevant you are to the discussion here. You pop in and make little quips that add nothing to the conversation and disappear. So in actuality, nobody gives a f about what you have to say.

#677 vator, Apr 6, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  18. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just post that then and leave your random twitter friend out of it. DEAD ASS BRO.

19. vator

vator Contributing Member

Your hatred for Twitter is not my problem. I don’t care that it triggers you. Welcome to 2022. Rockets Twitter is amazing. You’re missing out.

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. PatBev

PatBev Member

With Tate, Mathews, & Christopher as his shooters

D-rock and jiggyfly like this.