1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The official Knicks Thread post

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by iNoseBleedRed, Jan 3, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

#21 J.R., Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Vivi likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Even before a startling news conference in the wake of a blowout loss to Cleveland, New York Knicks president Steve Mills had started to lay the internal groundwork for the eventual dismissal of coach David Fizdale, league sources told ESPN.

Mills is selling owner James Dolan on a roster constructed to be highly competitive in the Eastern Conference, leaving Fizdale vulnerable to an ouster only weeks into the second season of a four-year contract that league sources say is worth $22 million.

Mills delivered the first public salvo on shaping an organizational narrative that the Knicks' struggles aren't born of an overmatched roster, but the lack of a "consistent level of effort and execution."

Rival coaches and executives see a mismatched Knicks roster slow of foot, without legitimate NBA guard play but Mills is selling Dolan on a poorly coached team that is underachieving at 2-8 to start the season, league sources said. Around Madison Square Garden and the league, the timing and tone of the news conference was met with considerable surprise and dismay -- and considered completely undermining of Fizdale.

"Everyone is moving to their positions now," a league source close to management and the coaching staff told ESPN. "This is how they'll make (Fizdale) the fall guy."

[...]

Mills has lorded over the arrivals and departures of five Knicks coaches. His overall record as team president is 165-337, including 48-126 since taking job over from Phil Jackson in 2017.

[...]

Fizdale chose the Knicks over several other offers in 2018 -- including Atlanta, Charlotte and Phoenix -- under the assumption that he'd eventually coach Porzingis. Fizdale accepted responsibility for the team's struggles in his own post-game news conference on Sunday night.

"I take the brunt of that responsibility because I am the head coach," Fizdale said. "I make these decisions -- what's happening on the court, what players play, who plays together, what plays we call the defensive system. That's on me."

Vivi likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the Knicks need Dave Joerger

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

This organization is so busted...i can't even laugh about the Knicks anymore.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

:D

Vivi likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The Knicks have long been a joke of a franchise.
    I mean, bidding against yourself to vastly overpay Allan Houston?
    And, "Don't go under the basket right now.....I did not order the Code Red."
    And they go through front office personnel / coaches like Trump goes through cabinet members.
    And since no one wants their money, or they won't spend on a hobbled superstar to sit out a year (see also Durant, Kevin) they spent it all on a pack of non-star level power forwards.

Vivi likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vivi likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Damn, I was wrong for calling coach an antiquated coach. I'm eating crow for now.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

ESPN is a joke for using PPG as critieria for #1 defense.
    LAL are way out in lead of best defense, using DRtg (ie Pts/100)

Knicks also have the lowest scoring team.
    I wonder why they are #1 in both.

Thibs Knicks have the slowest Pace in the NBA, atm.

The criticism of Thibs is he'll slow down the pace, to stop transition, but at expense of his offense.​

#1 defense is rated by DRtg. NYK's tied for 3rd with MEM and PHI.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

This is what Thibs does.

He slows everything down, forces his players to be held accountable on the defensive side and then on offense runs his offense through one guy, regardless of efficiency.

The Knicks are .500% right now, lets see where the finish.

We saw in Chicago that ultimately the success of him as a coach comes down to the quality of the top couple players he has. I was always curious to see how he would have done coaching a team with someone like Harden or Durant on it.

14. TimDuncanDonaut

If Tibs weren't established, time machine to a cheap young coach who Tilly can afford. Imagine him being our defensive coordinator.

With a 4-9, the 8-8 don't look that bad.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Knickerbockers are great I meant mediocre again!

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Boobie eyes are spot on.

17. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I'd like to see some tidbits now that we lost

18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

HOES FOR 3!

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Knicks have a winning record and are currently in 4th place. Will wonders never cease

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 1.46.41 PM.png

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The Knicks could be a good trade partner for us this year.

They have 15 mill in cap space, they have a couple of 1st, they have Detroit's 2nd which will be top 2, and Detroit's 2023 2nd, and a couple of young fillers who aren't getting much burn in Frank and Knox.

Great landing spot for Dipo.