1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The OFFICIAL "I hate the Jazz" thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by A-Train, Feb 4, 2002.

1. devin23

devin23 Member

God I hate the Utah Jazzholes. Their fans are the worst, and all their players flops. It pisses me off that they cheat at home.

2. TheBigAristotle

I'm taking a stab in the dark with this, but whenever I'd refer to Jordon as a joke it was in reference to this site

http://airjudden2.tripod.com/ejf/indexf.html

I'm highly convinced Tinman created it as well :)

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There is about 1 black person for ever 200 white people. No joke. But they are around. I'd be willing to guess they scrape about 2-3% of the state, although I couldn't guarantee facts. Maybe someone has a link?

There's more African-Americans in Salt Lake than in the backwoods freakish towns around southern Utah. In Salt Lake they might be closer to 8-9% maybe?

This is all just random speculation on my part. I've walked the streets of SLC and actually seen quite a few black people.

(I'm not trying to be racist... just some social commentary.)

4. napalm06

Oh, dayum, i just found this...

Utah is one of the 13 states where Blacks represent less than 3 percent of the total
    population. The other states include: Hawaii, New Mexico, Oregon, Wyoming, Idaho,
    Montana, New Hampshire, Maine & Vermont. Note that 7 o f these 13 states are located
    in the west. (McKinnon 2001)

:D

5. 9495

9495 Member

36374 points (Malone, 2nd all time) +
    15806 assists (Stockton, 1st all time) +
    3265 steals (Stockton, 1st all time) +
    1124 wins (Sloan, up to yesterday, fourth all time) +
    21 years (Sloan, longest tenure in professional sports)
    = 0 Championship

What a whole butch of overachievers!!!
    Don't worry, they are just piling up stats...

6. fattedcalf

fattedcalf Member

you know, the thing i don't understand is why refs always cheat for utah. i mean there are nba games where there are a few bad calls here and there, but utah is the only team that i see the refs consistently cheat for and it's blatantly obvious. this usually only happens at home, but still just call the damn game and forget about who's playin or whose home court you're on. refs are ruining the game of basketball

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

They don't cheat, they just get caught up in the home crowd pressure.

JVG said it best, to paraphrase him..."To say there are only 2 teams on the floor in any game is stupid"

Meaning the refs can surely have an effect on the outcome of any game.

DD

8. nightwatch

nightwatch Rookie

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jazzholes paid off the refs and/or the NBA to make BS calls in their favor. Unfortunately, it's the only explanation that makes any sense.

9. dassig

dassig Member

thoughts on, perhaps....THE UTAH FLIP-FLOPPERS

10. napalm06

I agree that they should change their name. Jazz is a part of New Orleans history and a hallmark of American creativity and talent. It has no association with Utah in the slightest. They should be called the Utah "Dust" or something, because there's not much up here to relate to for a sports team.

Every time I see a pasty white Utah kid wearing "Jazz" across his chest, I hang my head that that kid doesn't understand the significance of the word he is representing. "Jazz" stands for dozens of great men who rose out of severe poverty and Jim Crow oppression to lead a cultural revolution and create a new art form - it doesn't belong on a clueless brat's baby blue pansy jersey.

*shakes fist*

11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I hate the Jazz with a passion. Worst fans, dirtiest players, biggest ahole of a coach, stole their name from a much cooler city's legacy....worst team EVER.

...the most frustrating this is half of their players save career performances for when they play us. Ak47 sucked last year until the Houston series and Boozer got healthy this year just to try and humiliate us a few games ago. I have never hated a team as much as I hate them - and it was even before the Houston rivalry that I hated them. They have always been a collection of aholes.

12. napalm06

You know what I find annoying is that Jazz fans try to say we are not one of their rivals. They go out of their way to claim that we aren't a rival of the Jazz.

The look on the players' faces and the intensity during the games says otherwise. Okur, Kirilenko, and Boozer know it is a rivalry. Harpring and Williams know it. Yao, Scola, and Hayes know it. The refs know it.

I had a guy try to say that to me yesterday. "Why do Rockets fans all hate us??? We just hate the Lakers and Denver..." ... nice try.

13. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

I'm usually 'above' hoping for other teams/players to get his with the injury bug, but in the Jazz's case, I think they would deserve anything that hit them.

Also, it'd be nice if their fans all got dysentery from bad ice cubes, beer, and nacho cheese.

14. OpportunityCost

Thats right! 0!! 0 championships when *Jordan was in the league, and 0 championships when *Jordan wasn't in the league! 0!!! 0!!!! 0!!!!!

*reference to feeble attempts of disillusioned Jazz fans who attempt to marginalize our championships, while the fact remains they have never won a championship, and this rightfully so, poetic justice for how they play illegally throughout the regular season. It's the harvest law, you reap what you sow.

15. OpportunityCost

The same way that, that criminal Hoover's name shouldn't be on the Federal Bureau of Investigations building. I mean that is like going to church, and seeing a statue outside of the church of a horned man with a pitch fork. I mean the irony.

16. Lunatic Wolf

Lunatic Wolf Member

whats with all the complaining about refs?

If you complain about the refs, you have already lost.

17. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

You guys imagine if the season ended today we would be facing the jazz again in the first round. :eek:

18. kaybest

kaybest Member

I hate jazz for their game, their attitude and their dirty ways of flopping, making moves behind our back, and things like that.

That is why the Jazz can not win it at all.

19. dingaaa

dingaaa Member

I HATE THE JAZZ :mad:

20. napalm06

all hell would break loose